Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Ok guys, here is the idea. There is a designer contest website called 99 Designs that has really good designers on it. We can get a really good logo for the Fret. I expect the total cost to be around $400.

There will probably be dozens of submissions by designers, and I will post the best ones on here for you guys to look at. I will then make a poll of the 10 or so best designs, and we all vote, so our forum members democratically pick the logo!

Any of our members who would like to design a logo too, can simply submit their design in the contest, once it is up and running.

In order to set this up, I would hope we can chip in 10-20 bucks and get enough members contributing to cover this expense.

Are you interested? Do what you can to help cover these costs.

If this works out well, the next idea I have is to get TheFret.Net T-shirts made up with the new awesome logo! : How cool wouldn't that be? We can of course also get picks, hats, straps, etc made up with our logo.

If you prefer to send a regular check or money order, here is our address:

Vital Effect
    #3050 Gemini Centre
    6708-48th Ave.
    Camrose, Alberta T4V 4S3
    Canada

You can also use this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=6531278 or click the PayPal button at the top of the page.

Thanks everyone!

So far, we have received contributions from:
    1. robert
    2. hubberjub
    3. sumitomo
    4. amphead
    5. the1percent
    6. southsidetele
    7. ibanezjunkie
    8. jimi75
    9. evenkeel
    10. kiteman
    11. luvmyshiner
    12. childbride
    13. just strum
    14. hardass blues
    15. Rocket
    16. Rockette
    17. SciHi
    18. unknown
    19. piebaldpython
    20. sunvalleylaw
    21. Algonquin
    22. snarph

$400 has been reached! Thanks a lot to you who contributed!
    Last edited by Robert; July 6th, 2009 at 09:42 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robert,

Count me in for the 10-15 bucks (I'll see how this here develops and after my two week holiday in Austria I will transfer the bucks). I'll support your idea. I like the "old" logo, but fresh blood is always good. By the way, don't we have some talented poeple here on the Fret. Maybe we should also see their input and let the winner chose one of three nice pedals, like a Clyde Wah for e.g.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

So you'll need around 30-40 of us to contribute. That's not a lot. Maybe the ones that contribute $20 or more could receive a better price on their first t shirt?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea, Spud! That is possible, but I guess we will have to see much the T-shirts will cost and if we get enough member $$ in to cover the cost of the contest.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

And, of course, Shiner will want an official Fret.Net thong.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Obviously, and one of these as well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

A thong.....Oh My

I can sling some cash to the north. Not at the moment but soon.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Call me a wet blanket, but I wish you luck, Robert. If you recall our FretNet Forum Community Raffle last holiday season, we could only get 17 people to participate, and that was for a chance at a cash prize and with a portion of the proceeds going to an extremely worthy cause--St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I was surprised and disappointed by how poor the participation was. I hope I'll turn out to be wrong, but I think you'll be hard pressed to get 30 or 40 Fretters to kick in....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll pony-up a raffle guitar to boost participation if anyone wants to host the raffle... I have no interest in the logistics of raffling but I would insist that it be on the up & up and fair to everyone.
    I'd guess that most members would kick in at least a "Hamilton", (maybe a "Jackson",) to get an even shot at a pristine guitar. Raffle winner or Fret.net would have to cover the shipping tho especially if it leaves CONUS. If it happens to remain in Florida, I'll hand deliver it.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see I've answered so car questions here before so I'm in for 20.So Robert can shoot me an e-mail and tell me how to send this.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I would be more inclined to go Rocket's direction...donating money just to be donating is not really high on my priority list at the moment...but even the slightest chance to win a guitar and well then the priority becomes a bit higher.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, to clarify - I am asking if our members would be willing to help pay for a new, classy logo for thefret.net, which can later be used for T-shirts, picks, you name it. We need 40 people to chip in 10 bucks each. There is no charity - just helping our forum to promote itself by getting a classy logo.

If Rocket wants to give away a guitar and that makes people more willing to support this cause, great. Huge thanks goes out to Rocket if that is what he is suggesting.

If there is enough interest, we can do this. If not, well then there you go. We just won't have a good logo for our little home on the 'Net.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Obviously, and one of these as well.
    You and Marnold should be penalized for even going there!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for at least a Hamilton and Lincoln

Have to mail - no paypal.

Robert, if there is no address change, I have the address.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I'll pony-up a raffle guitar to boost participation if anyone wants to host the raffle... I have no interest in the logistics of raffling but I would insist that it be on the up & up and fair to everyone.
    I'd guess that most members would kick in at least a "Hamilton", (maybe a "Jackson",) to get an even shot at a pristine guitar. Raffle winner or Fret.net would have to cover the shipping tho especially if it leaves CONUS. If it happens to remain in Florida, I'll hand deliver it.
    a shot at one of Rocket's guitars? knowing [owning 2] how well he takes care of them? i'm in, dudes. but Robert, you'll have to pm me an addy. no paypal, senor.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    No way dude. Last time I wore one of those I got it on backwards. Who knew there was a front and a back to those things?

P.S. count me in.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    No way dude. Last time I wore one of those I got it on backwards. Who knew there was a front and a back to those things?

P.S. count me in.
    Marnold and Spud - I warned ya.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

You can send all your hard earned cash to:

Vital Effect
    #3050 Gemini Centre
    6708-48th Ave.
    Camrose, Alberta T4V 4S3
    Canada

(throw in some guitars and amps too.)

Post Thanks / Like

for the record, i didn't get into the prior one b/c the timing wasn't right with monies going to gram, and i support/raffle for charities here at home... my plate was full. i apologize for any hurt feelings about that.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast