Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Post Thanks / Like

just had a look at the 99Designs website

some good stuff/logos crop up on there.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    just had a look at the 99Designs website

some good stuff/logos crop up on there.
    Man, that's a busy place. Going to be interesting. :
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

the $400 prize is bigger than alot of what i looked at, should mean we get more and better designs when the comp goes active.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it will attract better designers. Money talks.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

now all we need is 10 more people to donate $10 each and we can get this thing rolling.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI: Just realized that due to the holiday, mine will take a day or two longer to get to you. I would think by Thursday or Friday it should arrive.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if paypal is just as fast overseas as it is within your own country?

im pretty sure my donation is in Canada by now anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    does anyone know if paypal is just as fast overseas as it is within your own country?

im pretty sure my donation is in Canada by now anyway.
    I don't know but I just paypal'd $20 from the US, it should be getting pretty close to the goal. Thanks to Rock Mumbles for mentioning this campaign...

Post Thanks / Like

My donation will be PayPal'd no later than Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

oo only $80 left to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Got a pic? That sounds sweet.
    yeah i'll get one up. Later,J.H.
    we are what we are-Alice Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to state that I'm personally proud that greater than 1/3 of the donate list is from the prior Washburn Acoustic Guitar forum gang... that's quite a statement from good folks always willing to pitch in and participate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Robert, perhaps this isn't the contribution you would like me to make but I wonder why (as I think was previously mentioned) you don't ask the fretters for submissions? You might actually find at least some direction for the process.

Frankly, in my world, $400 for people to do work on "spec" doesn't guarantee you will get something you are happy with. I have worked with design houses that were paid US$30,000 and $50,000 to come up with identities that no one liked and were never used.

Just to let you know my background: 25+ years as a professional artist, designer, art director, creative director for mostly large entertainment companies. I looked over the 99 design site. Some good work, some repurposed (borrowed) ideas, some not so good.

Who knows though, it might be money well spent. But I wonder what a homegrown attempt might look like. Who knows, maybe there are some talented people here. With the added (very important) benefit that they already understand what this community is about.

my 3 cents.

-syo

SYO,

I was thinking the same thing myself...
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I'd like to state that I'm personally proud that greater than 1/3 of the donate list is from the prior Washburn Acoustic Guitar forum gang... that's quite a statement from good folks always willing to pitch in and participate.

Rocket...I will be bumping up that ratio by the weekend.....Count me in for $10
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Rocket...I will be bumping up that ratio by the weekend.....Count me in for $10
    My thoughts for a guitar raffle would be to allot 1-chance per each $10 donation to insure fairness of opportunity equal to donation amount. Those that donate $20 will have 2-chances, $30 3-chances, etc. As soon as I work out raffle details, I'll post them into a thread devoted to that.
    I'm keeping close watch on donation list but I'd have to get amounts from Robert when donation period ends, whenever that is.
    (Maybe Robert can post a firm stop date on this particular contribution effort... maybe end-of-month?)

Feel free to PM me and offer any further helpful thoughts or suggestions on the subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they want to make sure the logo has a Washburn in it.

The guitar raffle is a very cool move on your part Rocket.

I donated money several days ago, but the banner stating the number of contributers & money raised hasn't gone up yet.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will be getting something in this week too. Thanks all for the efforts and participation.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

And we are all good looking.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The donation period will end as soon as we reach $400. Could be soon.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast