Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Envelope is sealed and will be mailed when I go out to the music store in an hour or so.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I was trying to be nice and take the burden off you because you didn't seem comfortable after you volunteered the guitar.
    Go for it hero!

Post Thanks / Like

i dunno how long its going to take for the money to get to you over in canada, Robert, but my guess would be about 3 days ish.

woot im number 7=]
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

Vital Effect
    #3050 Gemini Centre
    6708-48th Ave.
    Camrose, Alberta T4V 4S3
    Canada
    Before I unseal the envelope to make correction

Is the check to be made out to Vital Effect, Robert Renman, or Robert "The Vein" Renman?
    Mark

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Strum, either would work fine - but put my name on it just so I can afford to eat on that day.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Go for it hero!
    Me thinks you weren't really sincere with your offer.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta disagree with you on that one Spudman. This isn't the first time I've seen Rocket donate guitars or other items of value to a good cause, or just to have a little forum fun. If Rocket says he was going to donate a guitar, he was going to donate a guitar.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Sincere? Of the two of us, I'll wager I've given away more guitars/guitar related gear. Ask Strum what I've given just since he's known me.
    Wanna do a sincerity-check mate? Here's the deal... if you don't/won't pony-up, my offer still stands.
    Your move...

Edit: I'll go ya one better: You pony-up an electric, I'll donate an acoustic... you pony-up an acoustic, I'll donate an electric (...anybody else want in on this?)
    Here's my ante:

Still your move...
    Last edited by Rocket; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know either one of you, but I do know strong personalities, and both of you have them.

Hopefully this little riff will end up being positive for the forum and everyone will benefit.

My money is in the mail, I am looking to this settling down and if guitars are given away, it be done in a way that everyone agrees with. If not, let's just drop it because it's becoming the lead story.

You both can send me the guitars and everyone will be happy. Well okay, I will be happy, but isn't that what's really important?

Seriously, I think anyone that wants to help the whole event should be highly commended and if a little competition adds to it, all the better. Don't let it get into a public display of embarrassment.

FWIW, my avatar is a Rocket guitar, and there are others out there.

For more about guitars - I will be posting in the Other Brands section shortly.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

lets just say, for $400 we better get a pretty awesome logo

you can get a B-52 tube combo for that.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Clipped ya 15 bucks via paypal. Good luck and, I'd get a shirt or two if you make 'em. This is a very good site you have and I am proud to be a member. John Henry
    we are what we are-Alice Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hardass, where ya' been brother. We been missin' you around here. Hope everything is going well.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

"Hey Hardass" <- now that's funny.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Hey Hardass, where ya' been brother. We been missin' you around here. Hope everything is going well.
    Yeah work picked up been actually hittin' some o.t. Got a deal on a Fender tele deluxe in dark wood I couldn't pass up. Wide range pickups have a great tone. Did you guys notice that Fender has raised it's prices this year. Kind of a drag. I found the tele on craigs list. Also found a guy in town that opened up a small music shop and he's feeding my addiction on a regular basis. HAHAHAH! Good to hear from ya. Later,J.H.
    we are what we are-Alice Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardass blues
    Yeah work picked up been actually hittin' some o.t. Got a deal on a Fender tele deluxe in dark wood I couldn't pass up. Wide range pickups have a great tone. Did you guys notice that Fender has raised it's prices this year. Kind of a drag. I found the tele on craigs list. Also found a guy in town that opened up a small music shop and he's feeding my addiction on a regular basis. HAHAHAH! Good to hear from ya. Later,J.H.
    Got a pic? That sounds sweet.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    You can send all your hard earned cash to:

Vital Effect
    #3050 Gemini Centre
    6708-48th Ave.
    Camrose, Alberta T4V 4S3
    Canada

(throw in some guitars and amps too.)
    This has got the be the dumbest idea Ive ever heard of, $400 for a logo?
    Every forum I have even been involved with has had somebody from the forum create the logo. We come from all walks of life, so certainly somebody, whos already a member, is into graffic design.
    Is a logo for this forum really worth $400???
    Seriously

Whats next?
    $200 for emoticons?
    $1000 for a new boarder color?

Suckers :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo
    This has got the be the dumbest idea Ive ever heard of, $400 for a logo?
    Every forum I have even been involved with has had somebody from the forum create the logo. We come from all walks of life, so certainly somebody, whos already a member, is into graffic design.
    Is a logo for this forum really worth $400???
    Seriously

Whats next?
    $200 for emoticons?
    $1000 for a new boarder color?

Suckers :
    Wow nice guy! Let's see, first post, doesn't introduce himself, signs up for the sole purpose of bashing an idea that all the regular members of the forum are rooting for.

Hmmm, Robert, did you piss off some loser on another forum?

Post Thanks / Like

It might mean a whole new facelift for the forum.

Facelifts ain't cheap.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Wow nice guy! Let's see, first post, doesn't introduce himself, signs up for the sole purpose of bashing an idea that all the regular members of the forum are rooting for.

Hmmm, Robert, did you piss off some loser on another forum?

Yep, sure fooled me. Just stumbled on the site to post that message. So will the real FR please stand up.
    Mark

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast