Thread: Boss Micro-BR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boss Micro-BR

[Crossposted from the Metal Method forums. I put it in the Amps forums since it seemed to be the closest fit.]

Has anybody ever tried a Boss Micro-BR? It looks like a pretty sweet little deal. It's a four-track recorder that has effects, amp sims, and a drum machine all in the size of a PDA. It can also change the tempo of a recording without changing the pitch. Boss has a video ad for it on the October GuitarOne CD-ROM. That video is also on the page linked above. I've wanted to try recording some stuff and to get a drum machine. This seems like it would serve both purposes. And since I'm a gadget freak it has the appropriate geek quotient too
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

looks like zoom came out with one too....haven't tried either one....

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/ps04/index.php

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

The big difference seems to be that the Boss can handle MP3s whereas the Zoom can only use AIFF or WAV. There is a similar Korg product too. I'd like to try them hands-on though, since ease-of-use would be the main determining factor if it was any good or not.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn