Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie

Hey all, Just wanted to do a quick intro. Great site by the way! I've been looking for a good site where not everyone is into high end gear, and also a place where there's no goofing off like some other sites I visited. I actually came across this site while doing a search for some Valvetronix info.

Anyway, been playing guitar for 34 years now (45 years old) and the older I get the more I want to play guitar. My gear consists of two American Series strats, an SX Les Paul copy that I upgraded, a Vox AD100VT and a Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 112 20th anniversary.

I'm a total "hobbyist" or home player and really dig the blues and classic rock.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ts808, nice gear. This is a great forum.
    BTW, any signifigance to your handle ?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to our humble lair! Where are you from, my friend?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    welcome ts808, nice gear. This is a great forum.
    BTW, any signifigance to your handle ?
    Thank you Ted. This is a great forum and I'm glad I found it. TS808 is the original Ibanez Tubescreamer. A pretty cool overdrive pedal.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Welcome to our humble lair! Where are you from, my friend?
    Thank you Robert. Glad to be here. I live in a small town about 15 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Great forum by the way!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ts...i think you will like it here...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    welcome ts...i think you will like it here...

ww
    Thanks Warren. I'm liking it very much so far. What I'm really liking about this site so far is I've found some other Valvetronix users already. It's cool to find a site where folks are digging modeling amps and production guitars, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome TS!

Valvetronix is big here thanks to Roberts amazing video clips.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you here, TS. Another VOX guy! Got a picture of those Strats to post. We surely do love looking at gee-tar pix around here!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Glad to have you here, TS. Another VOX guy! Got a picture of those Strats to post. We surely do love looking at gee-tar pix around here!
    I'll try to get some strat pictures up tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi 808.
    I hope you aren't as expensive as your forum name otherwise we'll end up buying you just the cheap beer.

Thanks for your posts too. Great information. Enjoy.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Hi 808.
    I hope you aren't as expensive as your forum name otherwise we'll end up buying you just the cheap beer.

Thanks for your posts too. Great information. Enjoy.
    LOL...Thanks for the welcome.