Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any other Zinky fender fans here?

Thread: Any other Zinky fender fans here?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any other Zinky fender fans here?

Prosonic, Tone Master Vibro King or any of the Zinky stuff?
    I own a pair of Prosonics
    A Black Corona combo that is tweeked out with USA Silvania, GE Blackplate and Blackburn Mullard pre tubes. It is also converted to a 1/12 from the 2/10's as Zinky intended these to be built.

I have a RED LO true one off CS amp that Bruce Zinky handbuilt. It is a Prosonic head with reverb that runns the 120 watt power section from the Tonemaster.I bought it off Brad Whitford and it was used on the Areosmith Crazy tour and in the studio.

here is a clip of big red with my 95 Washburn MG 122 and a Duncan Custom 5
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7119129
    Guitars
    Washburn's
    Chicago Custom Shop USA's 1995 MG 122,100,102,120, 1994 MG-122, one off 1994 Prototype, 1999 WM-4, 200 3-ST Stealth
    Carvins 1990 Pearl Pink reverse headstock X220C, 1991 Sapphire Blue Flame V220R.
    Accoustics
    LTD 88 Takamine

Amps
    Fender Prosonic combo
    100 watt custom one off Prosonic head
    Fender 2/12 cab
    2 Avatar 2/12 cabs- Blond Oxblood with 75's and Red with Black Vin 30's
    Yamaha 4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ascension!
    I found your posting in the sunburst-thread.
    The Prosonic is a great amp (we talked about this before, your postings led me to The Fret).
    Here are a lot of samples, I made with my prosonic:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=942756 - mix in the band..
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=952450 - different settings with pedals

I don't know much about the newer Zinky-amps but I've seen the Eagles of Deathmetal a few weeks ago - and their guitarist was playing "supro"-amps - another thing by Zinky?
    I will go and check a tonemaster soon ...

Keep the 2x10 Celeestions as they seem to be some of the strongest 10" I know. The sound way bigger than a lot of 12" I know. But they are hard to mike..

You did own 4 Prosonics? The red head is a really cool one (and it sounds fat): . I'm trying to get a Diezel Schmidt which is a 30 watts class A amp. It has seperate EQ's and a finer "vox-like" crunch channel but with the same timbre as the prosonic.

and

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the Supro line is Zinky. Bruce's Zinky branded stuff is amazing. I want a SuperFly head BADLY!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HswNyoFqgY

I sold 2 of my Prosonics a few months ago. I had a Black head but wanted verb so I had bought a beat combo to convert but it got killed in transport.

Then I found BIG RED so----.
    I sold the black head

Bought a nice factory box for the combo dropped the pair of Celestian 10's in it and sold it

The Prosonic was designed by Bruce Zinky as a 1/12 combo but Fender insisted it be built as a 2/10. Bruce himself had a dozen Red combos built as 1/12's and loaded with Vin 30's. I just converted mine to what it was designed to be!!
    That kind of stuff is why Zinky left Fender.
    Guitars
    Washburn's
    Chicago Custom Shop USA's 1995 MG 122,100,102,120, 1994 MG-122, one off 1994 Prototype, 1999 WM-4, 200 3-ST Stealth
    Carvins 1990 Pearl Pink reverse headstock X220C, 1991 Sapphire Blue Flame V220R.
    Accoustics
    LTD 88 Takamine

Amps
    Fender Prosonic combo
    100 watt custom one off Prosonic head
    Fender 2/12 cab
    2 Avatar 2/12 cabs- Blond Oxblood with 75's and Red with Black Vin 30's
    Yamaha 4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the Amp reacts a lot on the used speaker. I like the stock 10" - they are really powerfull but have an immense beaming effect.
    I got an ext. cabinet loaded with 2 V30 - those fit very good but they are a bit too aggressive for my taste. I switched to a Greenback and a G12H (China) and this makes a perfect combination for me.

The superfly seems to be a good amp, I like the sound.
    Man I hope you can check the Diezel Schmidt one time. This one is a superamp with such a good sound..

...But this has nothing to do with Zinky so btt.