Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
'EMG' Designed pickups?

Thread: 'EMG' Designed pickups?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'EMG' Designed pickups?

ive been considering getting a Tele copy that has 'EMG Designed' pickups in it. I Assume its along the same lines as duncan designed, cheap a$$ pickups they put in squiers eh?

i intend to swap them out when i get the cash anyway, but what should i expect when and if i get the tele?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

You should expect a large portion of death flavoured cheese on a stick. I had one of those. It sounded absolutely horrible to the point where I never actually used the pickup, it was just there to fill up space. The tele may be alright, but I wouldn't count on wanting to play it before you got a chance to get new pickups. They're shocking!
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that term ""designed" seems to be code for "we gave them a mediocre design ('cuz we use the good ones ourselves) and they manufactured it from cheap-**** parts, so it sounds like crap". Or something like that....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Yeah, that term ""designed" seems to be code for "we gave them a mediocre design ('cuz we use the good ones ourselves) and they manufactured it from cheap-**** parts, so it sounds like crap". Or something like that....
    That is a dead on description of the Duncan Designed pickups. I had a set in a Schecter guitar and they sounded terrible. Made in Korea.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

hmm ive shifted my attention to Gibson melody makers and the bottom end PRS guitars now.

how are they? the melody maker seems good, although its the cheapest usa made guitar.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    That is a dead on description of the Duncan Designed pickups. I had a set in a Schecter guitar and they sounded terrible. Made in Korea.

tung
    Hmm our schecter C1-+ plus had duncan designed pickups and those actually sounded great. though we eventually swapped out for gfs power rails which killed any clean sound:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Hmm our schecter C1-+ plus had duncan designed pickups and those actually sounded great. though we eventually swapped out for gfs power rails which killed any clean sound:
    When I had my C1+ I swapped out the Duncan Designed bridge PU for an 80s Schecter Super Rock PU. It was a noticeable difference. The Duncan Designed pickups only sound good until you put them up against a truly good sounding pickup.

steve