Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New user from Scandinavia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user from Scandinavia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New user from Scandinavia

Hello and greets all...just to introduce myself here, my name is Antti 'Dee' Heikkinen and I'm from Finland. I'm mainly a vocalist but I've mostly been a singer/songwriter and my main genre has always been somewhat grunge type rock, but I've done other genres as well. Am currently in three bands of which only one gigs very seldom, the others being internet bands. I've released lots of demos and a handful of EP's and albums, one solo effort and others with bands. I have a small home studio and I've also recorded and mixed and produced many demos, the latest being my grunge band 'crankenhaus' album release of 2008 xmas (song creation, guitar and vox for me).

My guitars are all semi-self-made; sold my gibson and other make names years ago and there's no going back for me. My main axe used to be a Charvette but it's so heavily modded you would never recognize it. The 2nd one has a downscaled strat body with a luthier custom-made neck; the paint is chipped etc. and it's my 'kickaround' axe at home. Then I have a Flying-V copy again with a luthier-made all-maple neck, which is my spare axe. All of them have EMG 85's at the bridge and a single SA at the neck position.

For amplification I use a Ceriatone 36W/18W all-tube (El85) head with a 4x12" loaded with 35-25W old celestions and at home and on recordings I use a Tech-21 TM-10 amp.

Anyway, just awaiting for a 2nd child to arrive and having little time for music, I thought I'd anyhow join a guitar-related forum in the hopes it might kick me into making something again. Haven't really played or done any music stuff in soon three months :-)

Cheers,

Dee

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice intro, welcome Dee! Kitos!

You are the first Finnish member I think. We have a few Swedes here, but I don't think we have any Danes or Norwegians.

Do you have any recordings online somewhere so we could have a listen?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome deea! I am from the Pacific Northwest (tacoma, and I do have a goodly sized chunk of Norwegian in me, Robert) and loves me some grunge sounds. Nice to meet you and I hope you will share some of your playing!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ok some playing links

There's a lot of my stuff available on the net, something close to a hundred songs I think...I thought I wouldn't 'advertise' my various band etc. pages here.

Well, here's a coupla tasters of my playing and/or singing.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/09DM/DEVIL_RC1.mp3 my latest home project (vox guitar bass) still awaiting mastering...I have 13 more songs to finish for this project when I find the time&energy :-)

http://deeaa.pp.fi/crankenhaus/03trunk.mp3 one of my 'grunge' band songs (I sing backings/play guitar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSWuFPQQ8T8 a gig video of the previous song(crap sound) I'm the rightmost guy...oh this is with the previous solo guitarist though.

And here's an older band of mine on a gig somewhere (singer/guitarist) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJiMS5bm6Us

And an even older one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtaoVQC55sU (singer/bassist although on the video we already had a dedicated bassist I played the track)

And the vocalist only stuff, easiest to visit http://project-43.com/music.html that's heavy stuff I only sing in.

One of my favorite vocal work projects here: http://deeaa.pp.fi/Refrain_-_02_-_Lowdown.mp3

For gear/my axes and guitar tests for instance this is good:
    http://deeaa.pp.fi/sound.htm

Anyway, huge thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll find this a nice place to dwell :-)

Cheers,

Dee
    Last edited by deeaa; July 6th, 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Additions

Post Thanks / Like

päivää deeaa! Welcome to the fret.net!

Gonna check out your music, thanks for sharing!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    päivää deeaa! Welcome to the fret.net!

Gonna check out your music, thanks for sharing!
    Tjanare! Jag tror at det ska vara kul här :-)

Post Thanks / Like

can always use another european here to water down the concentration of americans...

Finland eh? cool. you couldnt happen to be a H.I.M fan would you? id love to go watch them in finland.

welcome te thefret! :cheers:
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    can always use another european here to water down the concentration of americans...

Finland eh? cool. you couldnt happen to be a H.I.M fan would you? id love to go watch them in finland.

welcome te thefret! :cheers:
    Thanks! Well, HIM is not one of my faves really, although I've seen them a few times, first in '98 or so and the next time sometime in this millenia, I forget.

My taste is more like Foo Fighters, Danko Jones, ACDC, Billy Talent, etc.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

cool, i like many many things...

H.I.M is right at the top, follower by metallica, trivium, etc.

i like AC/D and foo fighters though xD

Grohl has the freakiest teeth/smile in rock
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

And the home of Valtteri Filppula, no less!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to The Fret, Dee. Happy to have you with us! : :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had a chance to check some of your stuff. Very cool! The recordings (as opposed to the vids) are almost more Alice in Chains sounding than straight grunge in my mind. Nice! For those who are going to check it out, there is strong language in the first link.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! Yep maybe I should label when applicable 'explicit' or something. Hard to think of me of it as anything, not being a native English speaker and scandinavian, they are just words to me, swearwords and all....not a biggie around here to swear :-)

Yep, I really dig Alice...and grunge to me is mostly Alice, Soundgarden, Temple of Dog, Pearl Jam, Hammerbox et al.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Dee.

My second ex's family is from Finland.

Kinnunen is their name. From the eastern-central area of Finland.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. We have a good share of European folks and all are a good bunch.

I'll have to check out some of your links.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Dee.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE
    Welcome to the site Dee.

My second ex's family is from Finland.

Kinnunen is their name. From the eastern-central area of Finland.
    Yeah, sometimes it seems most everybody from upper midwest USA I speak with has some family or at least knows some people who'se families immirated from here to there back in the day. Also in my family there have been emigrants to USA and some returning back here as well. Makes sense, Finland, despite being totally different from the U.S. historically and all, must be one of the most American-feeling country outside the U.S. in many respects. Can't go anywhere without seeing McDonald's huts etc. and classic US cars around and most everybody speaks pretty good English too :-)

Eastern-central area is just where I live, lotsa people called Kinnunen here :-)
    Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast