Thread: Logo Contest

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Logo Contest

Thanks to all who contributed to the logo contest! Wow, I am impressed we reached the goal of $400 so quickly. Incredible.

Next, we will set up the logo contest, hopefully today or tomorrow. The details will be posted soon.

Please provide your overall thoughts about the logo, what you think it should communicate and include? My thoughts are fun, guitars, friendship. The target market are guitar and bass players of any age. The logo should work on T-shirts, picks, guitar straps, website banners, so it needs to work both small and big.

Other thoughts?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

how about 'The Fret' written across a fretboard? like, each letter seperated from the last by a fretwire.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    how about 'The Fret' written across a fretboard? like, each letter seperated from the last by a fretwire.
    Patience grasshopper.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

well i think it should definately incorporate some part of a guitar in the logo

what film is 'Patience, Grasshopper' from? i recognise it
    Last edited by ibanezjunkie; July 6th, 2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys sure move fast!

I saw the fund raising thread right before I had to disappear for the weekend. I wanted to mention something about being a designer but didn't want to step on any toes. I see that some others have brought up that possibility, so hopefully I'm on the right track here.

I'm looking forward to trying to create something you guys will like.

I also wanted to offer a few services regarding the eventual logo (Wherever it comes from) I have a vinyl cutter and would be willing to make up a bunch of logos. I don't know the best way to get them out. (I could just send a bunch to Robert to let him handle things, or I could send them out myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Pongo for stepping up to the plate after the fact and offering your services,most people would say oh they got it handled and leave it.So you have my thumbs up.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That was fast! I missed contributing to the contest. I guess I will contribute directly to the Fret instead.

Post Thanks / Like

now...

anyone who feels like making a contribution to ME for no apparent reason can feel free

how'd you miss the thread M29? out of town? you have to go check out the ongoing contest though.