Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vox VT-50

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox VT-50

I visited the music store with a friend today and tried out the new Vox VT line.. I was so impressed with the Vox-30! Unfortunately it didnt have enough headroom for my needs so I ordered the Vox VT-50 and its due to arrive this week... Those VT amps really sound great, I compared the AC30TB channel to a real AC30 CC and it wasnt a lot of difference at all..
    : :
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard great things about them. They definitely listened to their customers with some of the changes/upgrades from the ADxxVT line. If I were in the market for a new amph right now, I'd give the VT line a long look.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! The Vox grabbed our SuperSwede it seems! Made you flip open that credito card again...

I gotta try these amps myself one day.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the market for a new amph anyway, but this was to my ears so much better than the previous versions so I abandoned my thoughts on buying a AC15 CC that they had for about the same money...

I would have gone for the 30 watt model if it didnt "fart out" so quickly when I raised the volume.. and its nice to have the ext.cab out as well.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice SuperSwede :
    You'll be making friends with the neighbors all over again in no time!
    Enjoy the new gear...
    Cheers
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS SWEDE, that was my second choice, I just felt the Acoustosonic setting the FEnder was what made my final choice, I know there are some on here that use acoustic guitars but I do quite often.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new amp. You'd probably like the AC50 CP2 if you could find one to try out.

Hard to find now. I don't know if VOX discontinued this amp or not, but if they did, it only had a three year run. It's a very good amp with good tone.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is different from the AD**VT line other than some new amph models?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    So what is different from the AD**VT line other than some new amph models?
    http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/ne...008-t2182.html
    http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/ne...els-t2464.html
    http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/vo...44.html#p14469
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marnold, VOXMAN's review was interesting.

Here are some video reviews from him.

I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.box.net/shared/a144gorj04

It arrived today! What a heavy amp (both sound and physical weight!)..

I had just a short time to play around with it but I am REALLY impressed so far... The AC50CP2 amp is sooo nice

Post Thanks / Like

*update*

I got a little time for myself and decided to play some VT50 at low volume (kids are asleep).. When I turned it on I heard a fan spinning, does the older adXXvt amps have fans? I can understand why since the area where the tube sits gets rather hot after a while, the tube is definately hotter in this than in the tonelab.

Played around with the classic valvetronix Botique OD model, thats a really cool sound! Another great amp model is the UK90´s, it can go from almost clean to full crunch..

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the ADxxVT also has a fan.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yes, the ADxxVT also has a fan.
    Was that just the 50s or bigger? If my 30 has one, I've never seen/heard it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Was that just the 50s or bigger? If my 30 has one, I've never seen/heard it.
    Oh, could be. The 50 has one, I just assumed the smaller ones had that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Swede I´m watching the vt50 for long time and i can´t find good review of this amp Could you make short one?

Post Thanks / Like

My 30 does not have a fan either.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

its a shame they didnt make an upgraded version of the AD100VTH head, or id be all over it.

i guess it would be called the VT100H.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Finally An oficial demo of vt series http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLmci_K3CKc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast