Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
TheFret.Net logo contest now started...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TheFret.Net logo contest now started...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TheFret.Net logo contest now started...

The logo contest has started! Exciting! Now, let's see what we get.
    The contest is located at http://99designs.com/contests/24730

If you are a designer and want to submit one or several logo designs, please do so. You will need to register first.

If you are wondering, the total cost came to $402 ($325 prize, $39 entry fee, 10% fee of prize, and $6 display upgrade - listed in an orange box).

Let it begin! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The logo contest has started! Exciting! Now, let's see what we get.
    The contest is located at http://99designs.com/contests/24730

If you are a designer and want to submit one or several logo designs, please do so. You will need to register first.

If you are wondering, the total cost came to $402 ($325 prize, $39 entry fee, 10% fee of prize, and $6 display upgrade - listed in an orange box).

Let it begin! :
    Yow, with all the hidden fees, we should the proud owners of a new car by now.

I'm liking #7, #1, & #5 so far.

#7 makes me see the . in TheFret.Net as a fretboard dot. I've never thought of that before. Maybe that could be made more explicit.

For example, TheFret.net could be the inlay on a fretboad, but that'd probably be too complicated.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

It's still early, more logos should show up.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

You should have made sure that they include the word "amph" someplace
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

i like #8

looks very new skool.

#7 is good also.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

#12 is looking good but it's an Ibby headstock.
    _____

_____

pes_laul Guest

IM liking 12 to myself.

hey robert just wondering but how would one acquire picks and t-shirt once this contest is done.

or should I say one that doesn't have paypal or any credit cards or stuff like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    IM liking 12 to myself.

hey robert just wondering but how would one acquire picks and t-shirt once this contest is done.

or should I say one that doesn't have paypal or any credit cards or stuff like that?
    T-shirt and picks are just suggestions at this point. Nothing has been decided yet. That will be the next step once the logo is chosen. Can't really say anymore than that at this point, because I do not know.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

so, once all the designs are in, and posting ends, we vote on the logo?
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

After the contest is closed, I will pick out the top 10 or so designs (based on my judgment), and ask the members on this forum to vote. The logo which gets the most votes is the winner!

Post Thanks / Like

ahh gotcha.

dude...#15 is pretty awesome imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Only a couple hittin my taste buds so far,I am picky on this stuff.You wouldn't know it by looking at me heck I wear pants and shirts for 8+ years or until they fall apart,but don't give me no crappy logo's.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda diggin' #10. It's got that whole "James Bond" thing going on.

#8 is pretty sweet too.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

#8 is my favorite so far. It works on light or dark backgrounds. With just 2 screens you have all the options covered.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the top section of #8 so far.

M

Post Thanks / Like

I like #10
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I like #8, too. Lots of good ones there, though. I'm really impressed by the overall quality of submissions....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

This fella serone is really putting some effort in this project.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

There are some very nice submissions so far, and I expect the creative logos will continue to improve as this nears the deadline.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast