Thread: Baha Tele?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baha Tele?

I have a line on a very affordable, brand new Baha Telecaster. It's a MIM, but has a Broadcaster pickup on the bridge and a Twisted Tele on the neck, S1 switching, four position switch. It's in great shape.
    Does anyone have experience with this guitar? All the reviews I've found are very positive.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's part of the Classic Players series (custom shop designed MIM), along with the 60's strat (which I have) and the 50's strat. I recently tried a bunch of tele's at my local music store and this one was head and sholders above any other MIM's. It's easily on a par with the American standard but with extra switching options and a lower price.... It's a no brainer really, you should snap it up. It will be my next guitar if we ever get out of this recession!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

i hear theyre vey good, heard a guy playing a stock baha in the store the other day (when i went to get my POD) and it sounded pretty awesome, a little less 'spank' in the sound than say a nashville, but a great sound none the less.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

I´ve played the Baja tele when I tried out my new vox amp and MAN what a sweet neck... I dont care much for the 4 way switch but it did sound good (stock)...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Very helpful and in keeping with what else I've heard. I'll need to use it along with the Strat, as I can't see playing Santana and Gary Moore on it, but it'd be great for other stuff. A good tough double stand and an a/b box, and we're off.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

To me the Baha Tele is the best Tele besides the Vintage 52 in the current Fender program. It's one awesome guitar and if you have a chance to buy it you should definitely do it! I have played it twice in a shop and was only steps away from buying it, but had to keep my money for the Marshall. This guitar is top on my list! It has a very balanced sound and the neck feels great.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Just spent last night and this morning playing it, various settings, amps etc. It's a killer axe, and this baby's staying in my rack. It has all the basic Tele stuff, plus some extras thanks to the S1 and upgraded pickups. The neck is a nice balance between traditional Tele neck and more like what I'm used to on my strat. Just a real nice all round guitar. Can't wait to add into the band's sound Monday night. Strat for the more rock oriented stuff, and the Baja for that straighter blues pieces. Really happy with this addition to the family.
    helliott in Hamilton

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baha

Reading this thread fits in with where I'm at right now.

I'm seriously considering getting a Baja tele. Chance at a great discount and I have heard from a lot of people that it is a great tele.

Obviously some of you guys here have had a lot of experience playing them and can give some real good feedback.

I have a new MIM std telecaster and a Nashville. How does this MIM Baja compare to these two other models. Both of mine sound great but of course different, with the standard MIM sounding really hot and twangy, even ice picky if you push it. The Nashville is toned down from the ice pick tone, but I like the ice pick tone.

I like to listen to Albert Collins, the "Iceman". He plays with a lot of ice pick tone, as you probably know if you like the blues.

The Baja gets a lot of really great reviews so I'm wondering how it compares to my other tele's. Always nice to have a great guitar in your collection.

Feedback appreciated.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one and I love it. I swapped out the pickups for Bare Knuckles as the originals had too much treble for my taste, but it's all down to what suits your ears, and the original pickups are far from shabby. It has a big fat old neck which helps it ring out. The only thing that bugs me is why couldn't they have put the scratch plate screws in straight rather than at a slight angle, but that's just my OCD.
    -----------------------------------------
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Post Thanks / Like

How fat of a neck is it?
    I am not a fan of big fat necks and this guitar is in the top 3 of guitars I would buy next time out. But I have not been able to find one I could check out in person yet.
    Last edited by MAXIFUNK; September 4th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    How fat of a neck is it?
    According to Fender's site, it's the "soft V" shaped neck, FWIW.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly fatter than the modern C shape of my Strat plus, more of a D, but not unmanageable. Probably best to check it out before purchase. there is a review on the musicradar website, whihc might help. They rated it highly.
    -----------------------------------------
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So who of you guys has experimented both with the Baja and the CV 50's Squire? Thoughts?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

My tele is a baja tele. It was one of the 250 blue ones they made. I love it. I did replace the bridge pickup with a Fralin that I liked better but I absolutely love the neck pickup. The neck is thick but it still feels good to me even though I prefer necks to be more on the thin side.
    Guitars: Jackson Soloist (1990), Fender Strat (1991), Fender Baja Tele (2009), Agile 3100 (2009), Music Man JP6 (2007), Larrivee D-03R (2007)

Amps: Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKI, Peavey Classic Chorus 212

Most Used Effects: Dunlop Hendrix Wah, Ibanez TS-9, Hermida Zendrive, Digitech Whammy, Maxon AD-900 Delay, Way Huge Aqua Puss, Boss DD-3, Boss CE-5, Electro-Harmonix Holier Grail, Zoom G9