Thread: JamMan question

Post Thanks / Like

Default JamMan question

I'm looking into getting one of these.

Does anyone know if the upgrade to a 2Gb media card means you can just buy a generic card? Or is there a proprietary one that Digitech sells?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Generic works fine.......I have a Sandisk in mine.:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Generic works fine.......I have a Sandisk in mine.:
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

I'm getting it mainly for practice, so I can lay down some blues tracks and practice soloing over them.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use mine that way too, Birv. Here's an example. Actually, my playing really sucks on this one.

Here's one with the Whammy too. Squealin' cats all over this one!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish my playing sucked like that.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I pulled the trigger on one and it's in the mail.

I'd love to hear how people use this for practice. Also, can you lay down a drum track?

And can you share backing tracks?

TIA,
    Bob

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no drum tracks per se in it, but you have a variety of click tracks or just cymbal hits.

You can import any kind of track into the pedal from your computer, via USB. Beware though, the files have to be WAV files and they have to be MONO.

It's fun to play rhythms, loop them and then play leads over. Or just come up with song ideas. Practicing with drum tracks works great too, if you have drum loops you import.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The JamMan is the best practice tool that I have invested in. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it just about every time I practice. I bought the 2gb media card right away. My favorite ways to use it:

- play a chord progression in various keys and then practice soloing, for instance I've been recently learning to solo using maj7, min7 and dom7 arpeggios
    - download backing tracks to it and then play along, layering solos over them
    - play tunes from my iPod through the aux input and play along

Enjoy, it's load of fun!

Guitars: 2001 Fender Fat Strat (MiM), Epi Les Paul Plus Top, 2004 Taylor 310ce, Washburn Rover
    Amps: Vox AD50VT, Fender Blues Jr.
    Pedals/Gear: DVM's ZYS, Fulltone OCD, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, Boss TU-2, Digitech JamMan, Presonus TubePre, Boss BR-600

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scorona
    The JamMan is the best practice tool that I have invested in. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it just about every time I practice. I bought the 2gb media card right away. My favorite ways to use it:

- play a chord progression in various keys and then practice soloing, for instance I've been recently learning to solo using maj7, min7 and dom7 arpeggios
    - download backing tracks to it and then play along, layering solos over them
    - play tunes from my iPod through the aux input and play along

Enjoy, it's load of fun!
    Cool! That's exactly what I bought it for and what I hoped I could do. Since I play mostly blues, I found I was having some difficulties playing over chord changes, since I would play the chord itself. In a band/jam situation it's not necessary. So this is like having my own rhythm guitarist, with the added bonus that I can play it back and critique my own playing.