Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ok, SVL... snake stories... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, SVL... snake stories...

Post Thanks / Like

Big rattler. These guys don't look scared, tho.

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

hey ZMAN...

i like rat snakes
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for reading my stories, y'all...

and let me say that in my 39 years, it takes very odd weather phenoms and rodent population issues to create that number/that size of snakes at the ranch; it was not a common thing. at all.

when i was very young, and my father was fishing w/us at the tank, he would whistle when he caught a fish. the three of us took turns dropping our rod to go retrieve said fish and stringer it.

one whistle meant fish. two meant snake.

another lovely [not] factoid about the texas cottonmouth [aka water moccasin] is that they climb trees. gram has several very old, tall mesquites in her front yard that were often the backdrop for pictures, as she entertained constantly. every now and again, whomever was taking photos would turn green and mention that there was an extra head in the shot.

zman... i think i would have needed adult undergarments just from the shock. i actually love rat snakes, grass snakes, pythons... i took a grass snake to show and tell in the fourth grade, much to my teacher's intense dismay.

fangs... we don't do rattlers, copperheads, cottonmouths, coral snakes... nothing steve irwinish.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

I was listening to CNN the other day, and heard the story of the family that walked into the room where their 2 year old girl was sleeping, and found her dead and partially eaten by the family's pet python. For the life of me, I'll never understand keeping a pet who's nature is to kill you, but that's just my little quirk I guess.
    Learning to play on my first and only guitar:
    Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise

Post Thanks / Like

Pie is not going to like this...but the only good snake is the one that ends up on a pair of boots.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kazz, dude, that one hurts!!!

BC is feeding one of our ball pythons and her menagerie of lizards as I type.

My Dad never liked cats. He always used to say......"...that the only good cat is a flat cat."

Reptiles in general and snakes in particular are an acquired taste. Once you get past whatever fears you have, they are fun and therapuetic too. Having one of our snakes gently wrapping and moving around my arms is even better than accupressure. Truly it is.

What happened to that girl in FLA is a tragedy and most likely an example of negligent pet care by the owner. Our reptiles NEVER get out of their containers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So Pie, are you a parsel tongue then? ;-)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

i like snakes, if i could afford the mega vivariums/terrariums id have many.

Boas are cool.

wouldnt mind a cottonmouth actually, then i could say to people, shut up cus ive got something in my room that will kill you.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Did I ever relate my experience with %&$#$%@# snakes on a %&$#$%@# plane?

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    So Pie, are you a parsel tongue then? ;-)
    SVL.....is this the Harry Potter or Monty Python reference??
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=parseltongue

See, you darn lawyers with your ambiguities of language ( ). Be precise!!! (Said with tongue firmly in cheek lest anyone think me serious. Perish the thought. )

'Nez.......the terrariums/enclosures aren't terribly expensive if you shop around. They are no different than gits....you can pay $ or $$$$.

BOAS are cool......BUT.......before you buy any snake, you better darn well know how BIG and/or THICK it will get at maturity. Our corn snakes will max out at 5-6 ft and maybe 1-1.5 inches around. Our ball pythons will max out at 4.5 ft and a thicker than the corns. BOAS wildly vary in size depending on the species. So, anywhere from 8-15 ft.

Not sure if you were just joshing about the cottonmouth or not, so here goes.....they are HOT (poisonous) snakes and IMHO should not be in anyone's home unless the owner REALLY knows what they are doing. And I do mean REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. One screw-up and it's curtains for you......either DEAD or in MAJOR health problems.

My daughter is fabulous with all reptiles and she herself says NO WAY am I messing with a HOT snake. DEAD or MAIMED/DISFIGURED is irreversible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pie, I was just throwing out the Harry Potter reference because I am taking my older son to the new movie tomorrow, and Harry is known as one who can communicate with snakes in the books. One of the things that makes him controversial in Rowling's world in the books. I would love to see someone else's pet snakes or pythons, but would not take on the responsibility myself.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    wouldnt mind a cottonmouth actually, then i could say to people, shut up cus ive got something in my room that will kill you.

How old are you really, 11, 12? What color is the sky in your world? Do you actually use your brain before you type? Hello, anybody there?
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12