I'm a big Vox fan but the chromies, except for the DA-5, keep me at bay.

My research has indicated that they are heavily computerized and super complicated in order to provide all of that modelling versitility. With all of this complicated circuitry going on they are prone to lots of different possible failures, failures that can be hard to diagonose, if even possible to diagnose, and expensive to fix. Very time consuming repair projects.

That's why I'm moving toward amps that can be fixed for years to come; such as my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Crate V32 Palamino, JSX Mini Colosal, etc. These should be able to be fixed indefinitely. My next amp will be even more future fixable, like a Fender model with a simple circuit and boards that will be available for year to come. Even the Fender SCXD is subject to possibly obsolete Chinese circuit boards that might not be available and could be hard to build, nonetheless the SCXD is a well respected amp and highly regarded. I just wonder what will happen when repair time comes.

I wouldn't consider a chromie vox unless I got it for a steal, then it would be a fun amp to mess around with, no doubt.

Duffy
Winfield, Pa.