Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Porcupine Tree - The Incident preview

Thread: Porcupine Tree - The Incident preview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Porcupine Tree - The Incident preview

Now up on the Porcupine Tree Myspace page is a sampler from the new album "The Incident." I'm liking this a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/porcupinetree

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great - I like Porcupine Tree a lot!:

You also should check OCEANSIZE - one of my absolute favorites!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful!
    Any news on the release date?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

07-13-2009
    A medley of extracts from The Incident is now available to listen to on the Porcupine Tree myspace page, or the Roadrunner UK website (from 4PM UK today).

Written and recorded between September-May, "The Incident" is the tenth studio album by Porcupine Tree. Released worldwide by Roadrunner on 14th September (one week earlier than previously announced in order to coincide with the first tour dates), the album is a 2 disc set, the first disc containing the 55 minute title track / song cycle, and the second CD featuring 4 shorter pieces. There will be 3 editions of the album; a standard 2 CD set, a deluxe edition (contents to be confirmed), and a double vinyl version.

Post Thanks / Like

News of the new album courtesy of DPRP.

PORCUPINE TREE: Lots of news from the PT Camp ....
    PT are featured in the September edition of Guitarist magazine. Of the new album, their thumbs-up review concludes: “This is the music fans of progressive rock hope for and it’s an extreme, albeit highly effective, statement for seeing the album as an all-encompassing experience. And in the iPod generation that means even more.” Elsewhere in the magazine, there’s a four-page feature / interview with SW about the technical processes and guitar playing approaches that went into the making of The Incident. Asked if The Incident will surprise fans SW replies, “I’ve done several interviews where people have said to me that it’s very different to the last album and I’m kind of surprised by that, but I’m pleased about it at the same time. I really hope that people will be hearing things on this record that they haven’t heard from Porcupine Tree before. I hope that’ll feel it’s an evolution and that we’ve made literal progress.”

The interview is accompanied by a featurette about the conceptual and lyrical themes behind In Absentia, Deadwing and FOAB. You can also find this interview with SW conducted last month with Reverb magazine where he discusses the themes and strands which have gone into The Incident and other aspects of PT’s work.
    Also why not read DPRP's Round Table Review of the forthcoming album "The Incident" and also an interview between DPRP's Ed Sander and the man himself Steven Wilson HERE. In other news ...
    A question increasingly asked is; what happened to the planned Porcupine Tree DVD for which 2 shows in Tilburg in The Netherlands were filmed last October? The answer is that work did commence on editing and mixing the concert footage, but everything was put on hold while the band recorded The Incident. Now the project is once again moving forward, and the DVD is tentatively scheduled for release in the Spring. The completed footage, which was filmed in high definition, looks and sounds fantastic, and is a step up in quality from the band's previous "Arriving Somewhere" DVD. There are also plans for a deluxe multi disk edition to include not only audio CDs of the Tilburg performance, but also CDs containing at least one other memorable show recorded earlier during the Fear of a Blank Planet touring period.

In the meantime an audio only version of Way Out of Here from the work in progress DVD is currently available as a free download if you buy The Incident from www.play.com in the UK.
    More news as we have it....
    There’s an interview with Gavin Harrison over at the Roadrunner site where he talks about his work over the years and describes The Incident as a “cinematic journey”. You can see the video HERE. Away from PT, Gavin recently took part in an event called Stick It To MS. This involved 582 drummers all playing in synch for five minutes to raise money and awareness for the Multiple Sclerosis charity. The event held in Birmingham broke the previous record held in the USA. Gavin comments “I felt a calling to this event because MS has touched my family life. An unbelievable noise and a great time was had by all.” You can take a look at the event HERE.
    In one final piece of news, Porcupine Tree are happy to announce their first ever performance in India. It will take place on 21st December at the Mood Indigo festival, IIT Bombay, in Mumbai. More info soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default European tour

PORCUPINE TREE: begin their European leg of their tour in early October. Dates are as follows:

October 2009
    Oct 08 2009 LEEDS, UK: Academy
    Oct 09 2009 LONDON, UK: Hammersmith Apollo
    Oct 10 2009 BRISTOL, UK: Colston Hall
    Oct 12 2009 AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands: Heineken Hall **SOLD OUT**
    Oct 13 2009 PARIS, FRANCE: Olympia Theater
    Oct 14 2009 BRUSSELS, Belgium: Ancienne Belgique
    Oct 15 2009 HANOVER, Germany: Capitol
    Oct 17 2009 BREMEN, Germany: Aladin
    Oct 18 2009 COPENHAGEN, Denmark: Vega
    Oct 19 2009 STOCKHOLM, Sweden: Arena
    Oct 21 2009 HELSINKI, Finland: Ice Hall
    Oct 23 2009 OSLO, Norway: Sentrum Scene **SOLD OUT**
    Oct 24 2009 LUND, Sweden: Mejeriet
    Oct 25 2009 HAMBURG, Germany: Docks
    Oct 26 2009 BERLIN, Germany: Huxley's
    Oct 28 2009 WROCLAW, Poland: Hala Orbita
    Oct 29 2009 LEIPZIG, Germany: Haus Auensee
    Oct 30 2009 NUREMBURG, Germany: Lowensalle
    Oct 31 2009 VIENNA, Austria: Gasometer

November 2009
    Nov 01 2009 BUDAPEST, Hungary: Petofi Hall
    Nov 03 2009 LJUBLJANA, Slovenia: Media Park
    Nov 04 2009 MILAN, Italy: Alcatraz
    Nov 05 2009 ROME, Italy: Atlantico
    Nov 06 2009 BOLOGNA, Italy: Estragon
    Nov 07 2009 PADOVA, Italy: Teatro Tenda
    Nov 20 2009 LISBON, Portugal: Incrivel Almadense
    Nov 21 2009 PORTO, Portugal: Teatro Sa Da Bandeira
    Nov 22 2009 MADRID, Spain: La Riviera
    Nov 23 2009 BARCELONA, Spain: Sant Jordi Club
    Nov 25 2009 WETTINGEN, Switzerland: Sportzentrum Tagerhard
    Nov 27 2009 STUTTGART, Germany: Carl Benz Arena
    Nov 28 2009 MUNICH, Germany: Tonhalle
    Nov 30 2009 LUXEMBOURG: Rockhal

December 2009
    Dec 01 2009 NEU-ISENBURG, Germany: Hugenottenhalle
    Dec 02 2009 KOLN. Germany: Palladium
    Dec 06 2009 WOLVERHAMPTON, UK: Civic Hall
    Dec 08 2009 NEWCASTLE, UK: Academy
    Dec 10 2009 MANCHESTER, UK: Academy
    Dec 11 2009 GLASGOW, UK: ABC
    Dec 21 2009 MUMBAI, INDIA: Mood Indigo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Only listened to the new release about 2 or 3 times, but it is really impressive so far! :

I wish more people would listen to them. They would likely enjoy this band. :
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw these guys last night with King's X -- quite good. There were quite a few technical problems, but the show was really good in spite of that.

I only discovered them recently (after FOABP), but have found that their music matches up pretty well with my tastes, or at least one branch of my tastes. ;)

Question relating to this: Steven Wilson was playing one of those acoustics last night where the strings go through the bridge and anchor along the perimeter of the body, on the top face. This is the second time I've seen one of these live within the last week -- can anyone identify what sort of guitar that is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Question relating to this: Steven Wilson was playing one of those acoustics last night where the strings go through the bridge and anchor along the perimeter of the body, on the top face. This is the second time I've seen one of these live within the last week -- can anyone identify what sort of guitar that is?
    Ah, you mean Babicz Guitars? Pretty innovative bridge and anchoring system.
    They explain the benefits of this system here: http://www.jeffbabiczguitars.com/how_lateral.shtml

The simple neck height adjustment enables you to raise or lower the string height with the simple turn of an hex wrench at the neck heel — no adjustment to intonation necessary.

I found a good review online that covers the features well:
    http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/...z_Identity.php

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, those are the ones. Interesting. Thanks.