Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fretters' opinions on marshall MGs?

Post Thanks / Like

Before they were the Marshall MG series, about 12-15 years ago, they were made in Korea for Marshall and bore the subsidiary brand name 'Park'; actaully, Park amsp go back to the late 70's or 80's, I think. The logo on the front of the amp was in about the same script style, and the control panel had the same kind of goldtone metal, to give it the Marshall look. Apparently, the brand didn't fool enuff people to believe it was Marshall by-product, so, hence, the MG series was born.

I had a Park G15CD, which became the Marshall MG15CD; with Park removed from the brand, it suddenly cost about $25 more.

Found this little old Park listed for sale on e-bay...
    Park Practice amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    Before they were the Marshall MG series, about 12-15 years ago, they were made in Korea for Marshall and bore the subsidiary brand name 'Park'; actaully, Park amsp go back to the late 70's or 80's, I think. [/URL]
    The original Park amps were made when Marshall were distributed by Rose-Morris worldwide. The Park brand was a way of selling a few amps on the British market and holding on to the whole profit. Parks were just the same as "proper" Marshalls but a little cheaper in construction (screws instead of threaded posts, that sort of thing). If you see something that looks like a Marshall plexi but says Park on the front I'd advise checking it out. IIRC Park was Ken Bran's (Marshall chief designer) wife's maiden name.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

being the only fairly knowledgable person in my area, i get so many people asking me about marshall MGs. In the end i just let them buy them, then find out for themselves when it breaks down 4 or 5 weeks later.

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12