Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lessons?

Post Thanks / Like

Another : for DolphinStreet...plus one for http://markweinguitarlessons.com/. Lots of neat stuff there.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all of the advice. Thanks guys!
    RIG 1:
    Guitar: Epiphone Ebony G-400 SG "Fast Eddie"
    Amplifier: Peavey Vypyr 15
    Effects: I think the amplifier has a bunch built in....

RIG 2:
    Guitar: Epiphone Ebony Dreadnought "Cinder"
    Amplifier: Big Hole in Center of Guitar
    Effects: Various Picks & Gnarled Fingers

:

Post Thanks / Like

+ 1 for www.justinguitar.com
    While many sites have just a hodgepodge of videos, he's created a fairly structured program - the beginner's program alone has 50 lessons; then there are separate programs for technique, for chords (barre, power, etc), for scales, etc. He is a good instructor and is very "likeable" (which helps you learn).
    The site is free, though if you use it, you should make a donation via Paypal.

Two others I've been playing with:

Jamorama - this is a fairly inexpensive course (beginner's program is $40); it's a downloadable set of lessons. What I like best about Jamorama is their "jam sessions", where you can jam along with their pre-recorded music; each jam session has 2 settings - you can include the lead guitar (and play along iwth it) or you can mute the lead (with you playing it). I think Justin's teaching style is better, but the jam sessions alone may be worth the $40.

I've just started to use Claude Johnson's Guitar Control package
    http://www.guitarcontrol.com/main.php
    - while this includes a beginner program, I think he excels more in making scales and lead guitar more accessible. I'm just starting the program, so can't really give it a grade yet, but seems pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ddddd ddddd ping

you should check out doug dopplers series of tutorial vids. man that guy is amazing (which is why he took over joe satriani's teaching position at the guitar institute of technology when joe left), i learnt a thing or two from his vids

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend this guy here:
    http://www.grahamfraser-productions....hool_pre.shtml

A friend of mine who was offered a job as a tourguitarist for an old 50's Rocker, had to prepare 6 months long Psycho and Rockabilly style guitar licks and tricks to be able to play the songs. He found and joined the a.m. site and his progress was tremendous.

I think there is no better source online for what you are looking for.

:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Chords are boss, that's all you need to know.

My method are triads (chords), CAGED system, and pentatonics.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Justinguitar.com has pretty good free lessons. I still think teacher is the best way to go, but I understand the whole money think. Jamplay.com looks pretty promising also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius
    Personally I'd recommend this one:

http://www.justinguitar.com/index.php

It's where I learnt most of my lead playing from.
    That is a very good site.
    Thanks for the tip.

His tuning tricks are great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    that guy has retarded fingernails.
    If you are referring to justin sandercoe from justingguitar.com, it's because he fingerpicks.

Post Thanks / Like

David Hamburger.....for kick-*** blues and slide instruction. Go to YouTube, key in his name and there are a number of tutorials that are excellent. He explains stuff as well as that VEINS guy from DolphinStreet.com.

He has a couple of DVD instructionals out. Very good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Jamorama for beginners and intermediate players.

Find out more at: http://jamorama-guitarlessons.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is studying the guitar hard? Many people think so, however from my very own experience I can actually say no! It isn't at all. I have been playing for 2 years now and day by day I discover I'm studying something new. The toughest part of studying to play the guitar is whenever you first start; when you are constructing your finger strength. Upon getting built up your finger power and calluses, you may discover that you would be able to play for much longer without any pain.

What I like concerning the guitar is that you could truly start playing your first track on the identical day you pick up the instrument. With most different instruments, because there is a for much longer studying curve, many individuals start to lose curiosity before they've begun.

When you can grasp three chords on the guitar you will be able to play hundreds of songs. This is why the guitar is such a popular instrument to learn. The three chords it's best to master at the start are the G, C, D chords. Follow playing and altering from one chord to a different on the guitar. It is very vital to not change from one chord to a different the same way on a regular basis, however to alter the sequence. Follow G-C-D; do that until you might be comfortable. Then change to C-D-G, then D-G-C and so on. After getting mastered those three chords you can start to study the A chord and then the laborious F chord.

You must commit to day by day practice if you want to achieve your desired results. Even if you solely have 15 minutes to practice it is higher than doing nothing at all. Within those 15 minutes you could practice pentatonic scales, the rock box or a new chord that may be providing you with problems. The most important factor to do is, carry on rocking on that guitar. You'll never remorse it!

One of many many questions individuals ask is, are you able to learn to play the guitar on the web? You sure can! There are so many good websites now that provide instruction. You'll also discover an especially giant quantity of guitar programs which might be out there for purchase. Nonetheless, it is at all times good to study from a teacher in a classroom, especially when you find yourself first beginning out. Nothing beats the palms on method! You should have the possibility to learn the proper strategies of holding and playing, that you could be not be capable of be taught from a video. When you study the basics from a guitar teacher, the enjoyment begins. With the proper strategies, further instruction becomes much simpler and enjoyable. The expertise you can attain is boundless!

To search out which course is greatest for you, you will want to search evaluation sites to get some high quality reviews.

Here is my review http://jamorama-guitarlessons.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link if you want to learn to play guitar, you can start from reading and learning the basic theory and watch some videos. Observe and have patience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12