Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Carvin Temptation.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carvin Temptation....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    How do I find out about this snipe system I miss out on alot of stuff?
    There are several of these "snipe" services available. Here's the one I use:

http://www.auctionsniper.com/default2.aspx
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, for those of you who have never seen a Carvin CT6 in action:

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Hey, 3 min. 42 sec. is an ETERNITY on eBay these days! Like many other people do, I use an automated "snipe" service to place a last second bid (last 5 sec., actually). IMO, this is the smart way to bid. Carefully consider what you're willing to pay, set up the snipe bid for that maximum amount, and don't even look at the auction again until it ends! eBay only uses as much of your entered amount as it takes to beat the next highest bid, so you won't unnecessarily overbid. It keeps you from doing something stupid/emotional in a "bidding war", and it also leaves no time for lower bidders to react. The only way to go....

Yes please educate us.....I absolutely hate losing out on an item at the last second.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

What a pain that the wanker that wasn't you that bid on it cost you ~$150.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but I'll bet he's a lot madder at me than I am at him....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, sometimes when I lose an auction on ebay I'm relieved as that means I don't have to 'splain to the missus. At any rate, congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats congrats congrats Vood: What a looker she is. Is that neck quartersawn? It looks like it. Sweeeet indeed

M

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Vood! Probably the best quality guitar you've ever owned?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, Vood! That's one SWEET ax!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Vood!
    That's one fine looking guitar, and I bet you're gonna love it.:
    Carvin builds some of the best guitars made, and at half price or less than the "big brand name" companies.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. Can hardly wait until it shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Congrats Vood! Probably the best quality guitar you've ever owned?
    Yeah, without a doubt. My Amercian-made Strat Plus and Epi Elitist LP are both fine guitars, but this is in another league.....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats DVM, sweet axe ...!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

As an owner of two Carvins I can say you won't be sorry you bought it. Carvin is quality where it counts. Necks are seasoned before cutting so they're the best.

Last I looked the Bolt kit were going for $379 and they're still quality stuff. At that price you won't get a better new guitar than that. My Bolt kit was $600 because of upgrades and another $100 to upgrade again.

I got a beast.

My other Carvin is a DC127 with upgrades also.

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats VOOD! I wish that I had held off a while and put my money into a CARVIN.

Post Thanks / Like

The FedEx tracking site says delivery tomorrow, Thursday 7/23! : :

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

You dog!I hope she fit's like a glove,and sings like an angel! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    The FedEx tracking site says delivery tomorrow, Thursday 7/23! : :
    Oh oh, we're not gonna hear from vood for quite a while.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Oh oh, we're not gonna hear from vood for quite a while.
    Sure you will--so I can gloat over what a great new guitar I have!

AAMOF, I'll start early with one of the auction pics:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

You've just saved yourself from the cowbells. :

by the way, I have two Carvins. :
    _____

_____

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast