Thread: Phone in deal for Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phone in deal for Line 6 M13

Apparently you can get the M13 at Musician's Friend for $399 by calling in and asking for the deal. The usual price is $499.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

...gasp....

I've really been GASsing for one of these, I have a tab open right now on page 37 of >100 pages on the gear page researching the thing.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...423000&page=37

I figure with the M13, an exp pedal, Pitchblack tuner, Bluesbreaker II, ZYS MkII and the Rabid Rodent, I wouldn't need much else. Not to mention the awesomely great cool factor.

The Axe-Fx is definitely out of budget, but then I don't know if amp modellers are getting it quite right yet. More research pending.

*sigh* decisions...decisions...
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am waiting because Spud said he had heard there is a smaller version coming out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am waiting because Spud said he had heard there is a smaller version coming out.
    Thats good to hear, thanks, was about to pull the trigger.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Get the big one. The new one will be $399 and wont do all the M13 will. Crap! I overspent by $100.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud...! Thanx for the response. From reading most of last night it seems that:

1. Glitches have been more or less sorted out by the firmware upgrades,
    2. The OD models aren't all that, but with a little tweaking sounds great.
    3. Bypass is true.

Can you confirm, and how has your experience been with the unit? A lot of people here swear by the Pod XT but not the Spider amphs. I own a Spider III 150 and I'm very happy with it, I don't use it much cause its that heavy to lug around. I haven't had any issues with Line 6 products and I wont ever sell my Echo Park. I would hate for the M-13 to be the first Line 6 downer. Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like

Monkus

The M13 is in no way a downer. With what is coming down the line as far as upgrades and new model packs the sky is the limit. It's a fabulous unit and extremely flexible. The main drawback seems to be that you can't control amp channels with it. That's not a big deal to a lot of users though.

For the ridiculous price listed below you can't go wrong.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks spudman, I dreamt last night that I was using one the gas is so deep. gonna use the plastic soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    thanks spudman, I dreamt last night that I was using one the gas is so deep. gonna use the plastic soon.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The M13 is in no way a downer. With what is coming down the line as far as upgrades and new model packs the sky is the limit. It's a fabulous unit and extremely flexible. The main drawback seems to be that you can't control amp channels with it. That's not a big deal to a lot of users though.
    I'm very happy I picked the M13 up a few months ago. I still discover useful tones out of it.

The next upgrade (in a couple of months, I think), shall address most hickups and add more effects, as I understand it. Surely, a harmonizer and a wah are sorely missed now.

I personally don't care a bit about a smaller version. What I'd like to see, is a "PRO" version, with a layout similar to that of TC G-System! By that I mean, the ability to "unload" the main unit from the pedalboard and have it separately in a rack, if you wish, with only the "controller" at your feet.

Such a unit should also have better MIDI support and relays for amp switching and such. More memory positions should also be an asset. Finally, the ability to drive two amps in stereo, with different effects paths (like it's done in the latest POD) would be wonderful.

I believe a price tag of $700-$800 for such a unit would be both possible and acceptable.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci