Thread: Sensorineural hearing loss

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sensorineural hearing loss

Went to the ear doctor today, and she said I have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensorineural_hearing_loss

My hearing is okay up until 6000 hertz, where I have a significant drop in hearing. Reason for my hearing loss is loud music, but I know from experience, it has a lot to do with standing in front of crash cymbals being hit frantically by a hard hitting rock drummer...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that considered a part of loud music?

Post Thanks / Like

only if you consider drummers "musicians"

Just kidding... really
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    only if you consider drummers "musicians"

Just kidding... really
    The same could be said for "guitar players."

Just sayin'...

tung

Post Thanks / Like

What'd he say???
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Huh?

Post Thanks / Like

All kidding aside, I haven't been to the doctor, but I know what you mean about the hearing loss. My high frequency hearing (or lack thereof) seems to get worse every day. Sometimes, it's not that I can't hear something going on, I just can't understand what's being said.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Reason for my hearing loss is loud music, but I know from experience, it has a lot to do with standing in front of crash cymbals being hit frantically by a hard hitting rock drummer...
    Ditto. Combine the crash cymbals with raging loud monitors and cymbals bleeding through the monitors. That's what did me in. I'm not sure which frequencies are diminished but they are mainly in the vocal range. I have a real hard time with peoples voices. If I could get the ringing in my left ear to quit I might be able to hear just a bit better.

Sorry you have loss too Robert. But the good side is...you get to turn it up more so that you can hear it properly.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.