Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugera Vintage Series.

Post Thanks / Like

the first Bugera amps have a story similar to the first vox AC30s, the best accessory you could buy for them was a good warranty. But however the new AC30s, and also the new bugeras (made in 2009) are very good amps by most standards.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

I did a bit of research in to Bugera's amps a while ago, when I was going to get one of the 333XLs. The main problem people reported was that sometimes the amp would seem fine, all the lights would be on, but no sound would come out. Turned out to be a molex connector overheating and melting:

http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    the first Bugera amps have a story similar to the first vox AC30s, the best accessory you could buy for them was a good warranty. But however the new AC30s, and also the new bugeras (made in 2009) are very good amps by most standards.
    AC30s are a bit flaky by their very design. Dick Denny was pushing the envelope a bit. When they produced the very first AC30 prototype in 1962 Tom Jennings was convinced it wouldn't sell because it was much too heavy to move about. I'm inclined to agree with him

If you meant the AC30CC series, they're another PCB based valve amp. They will die due to heat problems sooner or later. On the plus side the CCs have a standby switch and don't just turn on the power amp on 10 from cold like the old ones. I've seen a few go up in smoke that way but the old ones used tagboards and were a lot easier to repair.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

i was looking into getting one of these at some stage, probably the 333 combo, as it seemed as a good value tube amp, until ive heard people on other sites claim half the screws and nuts were falling off. i was going by what the guitar mag said about these, but i realised these guys only usually test something out for half a day at most, so if they say its reliable, theyre probably just saying that cause it didnt break within 4 hours of use

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well for Behringer, their stuff can be useable OK but when pushed you start to notice stuff like really much noise, really shitty pots, really weak solderings and basically just weaknesses all around.

I have a lot of Behringer stuff, and usually end up in tossing them. The last one was a floor version of the V-amp system, utter crap...tossed it in the bin...also bought the WAH pedal...works OK, except I broke one control in 2 days and it is rather noisy as well...kept it anyway. Maybe useable for something. I also use one of their mixers, which when used in recording side are a nice way to destroy any purity of a signal, but are useable for listening side mixers in some situations.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugera seem to be the only decent quality thing available from behringer, even the guys who work there suck, ever seen the behringer worldmusicsupply vids? the guy from behringer sucks.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

mind you ive got a behringer ultracoustic 90 watter amp, i cant say its crap, as i havent really played it much to know better. it does its job from what ive seen, but im glad i bought it secondhand for 300 instead of paying 540 for a brand newie, y'know? :

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bedroom rocker
    mind you ive got a behringer ultracoustic 90 watter amp, i cant say its crap, as i havent really played it much to know better. it does its job from what ive seen, but im glad i bought it secondhand for 300 instead of paying 540 for a brand newie, y'know? :
    Well sure, most Behri gear works fine at least in home use and for a while ;-) the problems usually only arise when you use them in like gig settings and for longer periods, like with all cheap stuff like Alto, Behri etc. Samson I value much higher than these low-grade stuff, although that too is pretty affordable.

Behringer does have some handy gadgets - I really dig the G100(?) direct box, it has a pretty decent, simple cab sim built in and the box itself is pretty solid. The Composer compressors were quite OK to use in inserts live, although they did tend to be a bit noisy and such in studio.

I was also pretty amazed how good a sound I got outta one of their small practice amps...yeah, many times, as with all cheapo stuff, it may be fine for some use, even great for something, but ultimately there is no substitute for quality builds that won't make extra pops, screeches, noises and break down too easily nevermind some hard conditions and being pushed.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the mid-sized combo at GC and very unimpressed. Only a 10 minute trial, but ....

Sounded kind of flat and lifeless at all the settings I tried.
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

This guy is a little windy, but I like the amps tone. For $150, I think I might buy one of these to play while the rest of the family is at home. I have a Crate V18 for when no one else is around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXhLCDQpIw
    Last edited by Bilsdragon; September 12th, 2009 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default V55-hd

I recently received my Bugera V55-HD. Some comments:
    2 channel - clean and crunch/lead
    standard Eq bass, middle , treble for both channels.
    Digital Reverb
    Pentode and Triode Mode
    Mid boost
    3 impedence settings 4, 8, 16ohm

The Eq is quite responsive

The clean channel is very clean, and very bright. I was unable to get any distortion from this channel. In Pentode mode it is very loud. I use a Bugera 2 x 12 vintage extension cab. All in all a nice sound.

The distortion channel can get a little fuzzy but will provide some pretty good rock sounds. Not a heavy metal amp, however with pedals I am sure that you should get the desired sound.

I use a Boss GT-6 to drive the a Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo and the Bugera V55-HD in stereo.

I will be gigging with this rig in a couple of weeks. If it works out I will probably sell the 333XL combo as it is too heavy to carry.

Only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 333XL 2x12 combo. A very powerful and versatile amp. Mine has been reliable however I did have a dicky tube which was rectified under warranty. Whilst they were at it they did the clip mod which apparently could have melted.

All in all a good amp. I have had mine for about 13 months and gigged with it quite a few times.

South Australia

Post Thanks / Like

I just returned my much awaited Bugera v-22. I know its been a while since this thread was commented on but I figured it was worth the comment. I had the WORST experience with Guitar Center ever (I have decided it is worth the extra expense to deal with a more personal / reputable music store) When it finally came, it sounded great... when it wasn't making horrible hissing and popping noises. I don't know what was wrong with it. I couldn't get any information about the proper biasing amps/voltages from the manufacturer or from their website, so maybe it was running hot and thats all it needed, but I wasn't about to do it blind, and it basically arrived broken so i sent it back, I'll use my 400$ towards something else...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Finally, a really good V22 demo from FrugalGuitarist.com that shows what the amp is capible of. Amp and guitar settings are displayed, and there is a nice variety of guitars and styles being played.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Played my V22 at it's first gig and the guys loved it. They thought it sounded great. So did I.

I'm still in the tweaking/finding my sound phase, but so far so good. It definitely was not a waste of money. I'm only using the clean channel at about 6 and the master on 6 and an M13 in front of it. The bottom end isn't quite as tight as my Delta 1x15 but there is PLENTY of bass out of this little amph. No worries there. At first I was thinking that the high end might be too much because it was pretty bright at home but on the bandstand it's no problem. I almost don't notice it which is the way I want it. That means that I'm happy and can just focus on playing. All in all - for around $300 it's a pretty good tube amph investment. Now I'm going to have to start exploring the gain channel.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very good to hear,how well a good priced amph is working,but when I hear stuff like this I go is it worth it for me to retube and recap an old Fender cause it costs more to do that.Makes Decisions Hard! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    That is very good to hear,how well a good priced amph is working,but when I hear stuff like this I go is it worth it for me to retube and recap an old Fender cause it costs more to do that.Makes Decisions Hard! Sumi
    I think the same thing of my Marshall JMP 50. Should I invest or does a new V22 make more sense. I went with the V22 because I get a 2 switchable channel, reverb, lighter and smaller amph that I can turn up at gigs.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12