Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bugera Vintage Series.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugera Vintage Series.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bugera Vintage Series.

im not sure if these have been talked about here, but i for one am eagerly awaiting their release in early september, although i think the V5 combo is already released over here.

Not sure what to think, because in the past all the bugera amps have suffered reliability problems, which were later sorted out, so the V series might be born with a few issues that will be esolved over time.

But anyway, ive heard theyre based on Vox AC series, and are dirt cheap compared to AC15s and their larger bretheren.

Bugera V5 Combo

5 Watts Class A, 12AX7s and EL84s. With Reverb
    Power attenuator built in allows you to run at 5, 1 or 0.1 watts, like the vox AC4.

Bugera V22 Combo

22 watts push-pull Class A/b, with channel switching and reverb. EL84s and 12AX7s.

Bugera V55 Combo

55 watts class A/B power, with 2 channels, footswitchabe reverb and driven by a pair of 6L6 power tube, and features 3 x 12AX7s in its preamp.

Bugera V55HD Head

same specs and power as the combo, but is in head form, and has 4, 8 and 16 ohm speaker outs

all this is off of the Bugera website, thought osme of you guys might be interested. The release is in early september, but icant remember the specific date.

Cheapest ive found
    V5 - £130
    V22 - £260
    V55 - £350
    V55HD - £360

if these things really do sound like the AC series, they must be the bargain of the century.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, they look pretty.. But I'm absolutely not a fan of cheap built, trendy, vintagy looking china-crap. They might be good - I can't tell. But if I want a amph looking like a matchless I'd get one (a matchless..)
    I think it's worth, paying the people who design the innovative circuits.. not those who copy them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmann
    Wow, they look pretty.. But I'm absolutely not a fan of cheap built, trendy, vintagy looking china-crap. They might be good - I can't tell. But if I want a amph looking like a matchless I'd get one (a matchless..)
    I think it's worth, paying the people who design the innovative circuits.. not those who copy them.
    Matchless amps were not particularly innovative. Their designs were based on Vox amps. Their claim to fame was the exremely high level of the build quality; Matchless amps were all wired true point to point. Their flagship amp was like a Vox AC30 that never broke down, which was a huge improvement.

But I agree with you on Bugera being cheaply built, trendy, and vintage-looking.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Bugera = Behringer

If you really wanna throw your money out the window...go ahead and buy one.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

hmm i like the 6260 but only for its distorton.

bugera amps are built to a much higher standard than the behringer ones, and the newer bugeras have had all the wrinkles straightened out.

the 6260, 6262, 333 and 333XL are all peavey clones, with a better clean channel.

im not too keen on believing it, but Bugera claims most of their amps are hand built.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Bugera = Behringer

I have two pedals (a reverb and a switcher) built by behringer. The switcher sucks, and reverb isn't much better. I can't imagine spending any more money on one of their amphs.
    My advice is save your money and buy quality, not shiny looks.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a video review of a Bugera half-stack from GW. Go abt 1/2 way down the page for the video review. Includes demo and some history of the Bugera story:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/b...k_4x12_cabinet

(Of note: guitar is an Epi LP Slash Sig / Go to The Bottom Line of text review for interesting summation of Bugera)

G
    Last edited by bigG; July 18th, 2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: add text
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

that guy is like one of those camp people on gameshows who molest the prizes.

its a good demo though, besides his annoying amount of talking, rather than playing.

"right now were going to hear the 6260. -talks for another 5 minutes-"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    Here's a video review of a Bugera half-stack from GW. Go abt 1/2 way down the page for the video review. Includes demo and some history of the Bugera story:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/b...k_4x12_cabinet

(Of note: guitar is an Epi LP Slash Sig / Go to The Bottom Line of text review for interesting summation of Bugera)

G
    That review looks good, G.
    If they are built gigworthy and can hang w/ the big names, maybe worth consideration. I'll reserve judgement 'till I can hear/play some.
    Most reviews I've seen by any guitar mag online are usually positive. They're seldom critical of the shortcomings the buying public finds once full scale production is underway. That could be that the reviewers are given a tested and true piece to try out, or they don't want to step on advertiser's toes and lose the revenue. Sometimes I'll check the harmony central reviews, or elsewhere, just to see what the people who paid money for gear think.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I've known that Bugera = Behringer for a long time. I will say that they've got some interesting people endorsing them. They initially were promoting themselves as a metal amp (hitting the Krank demographic) but seem to have backed off that. As far as the "made in China" thing goes--what affordable amph isn't these days? People like to run down Behringer but I know a number of local musicians who use some of their pedals and things like the VAmpire all the time and wouldn't trade them for the world. What the heck do I know?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

i had a 333XL combo for a short stint that i borrowes from a friend, it was prety good. Think its a Peavey XXX clone? but it has much better cleans.

overall the bugeras designed for metal do exactly what they say on the chassis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Bugera = Behringer

+1

I have two pedals from behringer and none of them are anything to write home about..

I also have tried their Sansamp rip-off stuff and it sounds like a childs toy compared to the real thing.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is interesting! I've used some Behringer gear (pedals and the Vampire amp), and I was impressed. I've also seen some good reviews of the first Bugera amps, so it will be exciting to see how "vintage" these ones sound. Wonder how much they'll go for in the US?
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

like i said, over here the most expensive model (V55 combo) is about £350, which is the price of the peavey valveking head.

how much does a valveking head cost in the US?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    how much does a valveking head cost in the US?
    $550 at MF, which should be ~£335.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

yeah its about £340 around here as average

and the V55 combo is £360

so id guess more or less $600 in the US for the V55, and the V22, and V55HD are both £260 so you can likely work it out from there.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest criticism I've seen regarding Bugera amps is that they have somehow successfully cloned a bunch of amps both tone-wise and cosmetically without any trademark infringement violations being brought against them.

I've seen a number of reviews on the Bugera amps on a number of different forums and the vast majority of them are very favorable. Tone wise, they get some pretty good reviews and I haven't read anything about reliability issues thus far.

Most of the amps they build though are 120 watts which to me is overkill.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

The baby of the line seems like a good candidate for a poor man's Swart - www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/V5.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

More PCB based Chinese built valve amps. If they sound good then they are good. That's the only test. As to long term reliability, come back in 25 years
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast