Thread: Musicians and tinnitus

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

FrankenFretter, I was antibiotics for four weeks with my problems of the constant ringing in the left ear, the fluid behind the drum hasn't gone away completely and neither has the ringing. I'm not really into taking a lot of medication and since my fluid was behind the drums the Doctor advised me that ear drops are useless. He did say that blood pressure can make the problem worse and I have noticed that it was worse this week when I was really in a stressed out situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music View Post
    FrankenFretter, I was antibiotics for four weeks with my problems of the constant ringing in the left ear, the fluid behind the drum hasn't gone away completely and neither has the ringing. I'm not really into taking a lot of medication and since my fluid was behind the drums the Doctor advised me that ear drops are useless. He did say that blood pressure can make the problem worse and I have noticed that it was worse this week when I was really in a stressed out situation.
    The blood pressure thing is interesting to me. I was pleasantly surprised the my BP was pretty normal on Friday when I was at the doc's. I know it's been a wee bit high at times, but I have no idea what it was when my tinnitus was at it's worst. I'm still taking the oral antibiotics, but after two tries with the drops, I decided I will only use them if the ringing starts to get bad again. Right now it's pretty quiet, not even enough to distract me. I can actually hear fairly well in that ear right now as well. Hopefully things will return to normal in short fashion.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.