Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Best Guitar Straps - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Guitar Straps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    It took me almost two years and about 20 guitars bought and sold before I finally found a strap.

I finally found an Onori and love it. Paid about $20 on sale at Sweetwater, but I don't know if they carry this one anymore. Mine is leather, sheep leather underside and padded - I have the L9P- 3 ¼"

http://www.onorimusic.com/topgrain.htm
    I love my Onori straps as well, but I don't think that they are still in business. Retailers don't seem to be stocking them anymore, and their website is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What is your favourite guitar straps?

I have a hard time finding guitar straps that I like. My preference is wide leather straps, with soft padding.

A Google search brought me to this - http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/39 - looks good, price is right, but I have never heard of this StrapKing brand until now.
    I have ordered this one:
    http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/41

I plan on hanging the Hinson on it....

It's got attitude
    "Hell, that ain't Country Western Hoss, that's biscuits and Lion-Tamers..." ~Unknown Hinson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Fan
    I have ordered this one:
    http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/41

I plan on hanging the Hinson on it....

It's got attitude
    Hopefully you get the right one! I ordered the olive one and received the black one. I was vacillating between those two anyway, so no big deal for me.

It's a nice enough strap, definitely more padding than my MF cheap leather one. I hope you like yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very happy with my strap from www.italiastraps.com but we do have an excellent leather strap maker here on this forum!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I am very happy with my strap from www.italiastraps.com but we do have an excellent leather strap maker here on this forum!
    Forgive my ignorance, can you provide the who?

Thank you sir...
    "Hell, that ain't Country Western Hoss, that's biscuits and Lion-Tamers..." ~Unknown Hinson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Levy's padded garment leathers and couch straps both work well for me.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Planet Lock Straps

I tried these out and really like them. Only $20.
    No need for any pin changes to the guitar, and can transfer between guitars if needed. The lock system is super secure.

The Voodoo pattern that is on the Club King:
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip of the hat there Robert ~
    Here's one I made for myself on my LP, and a couple of others I did recently

Post Thanks / Like

I've been meaning to get a strap for my fender and yours look very cool. this is the guitar:

Attachment 2030

Can you recommend a strap?
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Monkus ~
    Send me an email at bob@brookwoodleather.com
    We'll go from there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    thanks Monkus ~
    Send me an email at bob@brookwoodleather.com
    We'll go from there

I think I'll send you an email as well if that is ok with you.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Please do ~

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the look of that LP strap. What do the ends look like. I am not too sure about all those buckles around my guitars on the other two.
    I looks like some sort of suede material on the underside. You need a nice thick strap for an LP.
    The other issue is would it have to be custom fitted for length or is it adjustable.
    I know a lot of questions but they are hard to find like that, as you probably already know.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

The underside of the strap on the LP is the same leather as on top. It has a grippy or nappy feel, not slick and slippery on that leather. The 2nd strap has a soft black leather on the bottom, and the last strap pictured was ordered with sheepskin.
    Here's what the ends of a 'cut to size' strap look like, and how I make one of these into an adjustable strap. I have always used buckles to make straps adjustable because I never cared for the 'weave through the slots' kind of design because they always seem to bunch up

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda OT, but I know we have some SLR slingers around here too (err the camera type, not the rifle) so I thought I'd pass on my tip.

I'm 6'3" and 105 kg's and many years ago I grew insanely frustrated with the short length of the straps you get with an SLR, so for like 8 years I've been using an old dimarzio guitar strap. I just used a short section of the flat nylon ends of the standard cable looped through the ends of the guitar strap and the camera and then sewn into a small loop.

I've done a fair whack travelling about the place and this setup has been used on three of my SLR's and works awesomely for me. I can have the camera hanging on my right hip with enough length to quickly whip the camera to my eye and frame a shot without impediment. It also makes it lots easier to carry the camera when also carrying a daypack or even a backpack and lastly I frequently have the SLR on my hip and a cheapy canvas courier bag hanging over it which gives me stealth and very fast access (for your-less-than-safe parts of the world)

Oh and I've had a few people laugh when they see "DiMarzio" on the strap instead of the expected Canon or Nikon etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

otaypanky, I didn't know your strap creations were so incredibly beautiful!
    Looks like I'll be a customer soon.

Anyone who hasn't looked yet, do yourself a favor...
    http://www.brookwoodleather.com/
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks Doug

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful work Bob.

You've got me looking at my hanging guitars thinking of color/hardware schemes.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast