Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Best Guitar Straps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Guitar Straps

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Best Guitar Straps

What is your favourite guitar straps?

I have a hard time finding guitar straps that I like. My preference is wide leather straps, with soft padding.

A Google search brought me to this - http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/39 - looks good, price is right, but I have never heard of this StrapKing brand until now.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me almost two years and about 20 guitars bought and sold before I finally found a strap.

I finally found an Onori and love it. Paid about $20 on sale at Sweetwater, but I don't know if they carry this one anymore. Mine is leather, sheep leather underside and padded - I have the L9P- 3 ¼"

http://www.onorimusic.com/topgrain.htm
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

pes_laul Guest

The best one I've played is one of these: https://www.americanmusic.com/produc...cat=409&page=1

its nice and wide and very comfortable. it looks kinda bedazzled by itself but it looks really sweet on my ibby.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Levy's products....mine looks like this one except mine is autographed by Frank Hannon of Tesla "To Hanna Marie, Love Uncle Frank"

On The Bay

Some of you may know that we named Hanna after Frank.

Some will ask....why is your strap autographed to your daughter? All of our Tesla memorabilia will go to Hanna when she is old enough to understand the value and take care of it as we would. We have quite a big collection of music memorabilia from back stage passes to set lists from the shows we have been to over the years...but this strap and a picture that we have of Frank are definitely the highlights of the collection. In the back of the frame with the picture of Frank is a note from him written to Hanna that tells just how honored he is to have had Hanna named after him.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

i have a Levy leather strap, made in Canada.

cost me a packet (£35) compared to other straps ive used.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

I own more straps than guitars, but these are some of my favorites:

I have the two on the right hand side.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought a Dunlop strap out of their classic series about 2 years ago and it is a very good strap. Very comfortable. I also have a wider padded Fender strap that I use very seldom only.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm suprised more people don't use these:

DiMarzio Clip Lock straps. They truly are the shizzle...fo' sho'! They're long, comfortable and allow the instrument to slide when you want it to without dragging your shirt along for the ride. Easy to take off and the clips will NOT fail. Pricey, but definitely worth it when you have a valuable instrument on the ends of it.
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always just use the regular black cheapo straps. All my guitars are very or at least quite light - no more Les Paul logs for me, so I need no padding etc. But all of them also have Schaller strap locks. They are handy but in ~16 years I've used 'em I've had to replace two sets of guitar side parts...they simply wore thru until they held the lock no more.

When I had the LP, I used real wide leather straps...just don't see any reason for a heavy guitar no more. Has nothing to do with how they sound, just uncomfortable.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two, a Planet Waves Darkside strap for my LP copy (it's got a set of Dunlop Straploks):

And a Levy's woven strap for the other electrics:

Personally I find the Planet Waves ones more comfortable, even with the extra weight of the LP. It digs in less.
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a boring basic black Levy's that will be pressed back into service when by straplocks get here.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thekiwidisciple
    I'm suprised more people don't use these:

DiMarzio Clip Lock straps. They truly are the shizzle...fo' sho'! They're long, comfortable and allow the instrument to slide when you want it to without dragging your shirt along for the ride. Easy to take off and the clips will NOT fail. Pricey, but definitely worth it when you have a valuable instrument on the ends of it.
    i have one of those on my strat and your right they are really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

I have a hard time finding guitar straps that I like. My preference is wide leather straps, with soft padding.

A Google search brought me to this - http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/39 - looks good, price is right, but I have never heard of this StrapKing brand until now.
    Did you ever buy this strap? What's the verdict? It does look really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a nice soft padded leather one for sale. I think it is a levy's.

I personally like my soft khaki colored cotton webbing one with suede leather tips I got at the Haight Ashbury guitar store.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Did you ever buy this strap? What's the verdict? It does look really nice.
    No, they guy didn't like shipping to canada, so on him.

I went with www.ItaliaStraps.com - great quality leather straps. I love the one I have, and I highly recommend them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I have a nice soft padded leather one for sale. I think it is a levy's.

I personally like my soft khaki colored cotton webbing one with suede leather tips I got at the Haight Ashbury guitar store.
    Geez Steve, are you getting out of guitars completely?? Seems like you're selling everything, from straps to pickups to whatever's next....capos or something.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

No, they guy didn't like shipping to canada, so on him.

I went with www.ItaliaStraps.com - great quality leather straps. I love the one I have, and I highly recommend them.
    Nice, though they look $$. Which one did you get? I have a cheapie MF leather strap right now, but I'm looking for a new one, possibly as a Christmas present.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, though they look $$. Which one did you get? I have a cheapie MF leather strap right now, but I'm looking for a new one, possibly as a Christmas present.
    I got the black at the bottom - http://www.italiastraps.com/black-guitar-strap.html (best seller it says). Really quality, thick leather. These will last you a lifetime, brother!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Geez Steve, are you getting out of guitars completely?? Seems like you're selling everything, from straps to pickups to whatever's next....capos or something.
    Nah, just extra stuff, and my acoustic that I want to sell to move up to a full solid Martin or similar. I like that strap, and the other stuff I am selling, but i don't need it right now. I will still have plenty of gear.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast