Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

'nother gig report w/usual crappy pics!

Thread: 'nother gig report w/usual crappy pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 'nother gig report w/usual crappy pics!

Friday night both my side band and main band played a little benefit gig for a local place called the Civic Media Center, which is a library/reading room for non-corporate media, and which also serves as a meeting place for lots of local political and charitable organizations.

We had to set up our PA, which I combined with theirs. When I got there to set up, I discovered that one of my PA columns had its input jack entirely sheared off, so the lead singer in my side band went back to our office to get one of his cabs. When we got it all put together we had two mains and two monitor cabs (one back with the drummer so he could hear the vocals, and one stage left as a side fill for the lead singer). We occasionally had some feedback problems during the second set, but given that I hadn't run sound in ages and cobbled together 2 PA's, it actually worked pretty well. The only things in the PA were 3 vocals and the kick drum.

It was lightly attended, maybe just a couple dozen people, but I talked Mrs. Krashpad into bringing my 12-year-old (Mrs. K was going to bring our daughter too, but she had a migraine), and El Krashpadito had a blast. He also took pics, and did a decent job for a little kid.

There was no A/C. It was sweltering in there, even with fans going. Dangerously hot. I was a little off the first set simply due to fatigue from loading in and setting up. The second one went better, minor tech problems aside.

Hoyt and the Hotheads opened, Crash Pad closed. Questions welcomed and the usual comments on my poseritude expected.

Here's some of the Hotheads:

Last edited by Brian Krashpad; July 27th, 2009 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, considering the pics and what they show, you need at least 13 books and 9 files to call your garage a media center

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I bet it was a cool gig.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Okay, considering the pics and what they show, you need at least 13 books and 9 files to call your garage a media center
    Haha, actually the CMC currently has 12,833 items on its shelves. I looked it up on their site!

http://www.civicmediacenter.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I bet it was a cool gig.
    Yeah, we had fun. That Florida heat is brutal though, even at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff Brian. Sometimes load in and equipment repairs can curb one's enthusiasm but it looks like you guys had fun and maybe sweated off a few pounds. Right on.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The usual shenanigans.

I've fallen and I can't get up! (Actually, this is a roll move used to get back on your feet while still playing, promise.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Cool stuff Brian. Sometimes load in and equipment repairs can curb one's enthusiasm but it looks like you guys had fun and maybe sweated off a few pounds. Right on.
    Oh definitely dropped a kilo or so in sweat. Not optimal, but last year I played in Ocala (45 minutes south of here) one night and it was so hot I didn't know if I was going to barf or pass out. This wasn't quite that bad. And I just about always have fun.

Last of 'em (that I'll post here anyhow):

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics! Love the Danelectro. It's a Dano' Hodad right???
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Thunderbirds are GO! Love that bass!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evenkeel
    Great pics! Love the Danelectro. It's a Dano' Hodad right???
    That's right. I've had it since before Christmas but this was the first chance I had to gig her with one of the rock bands (had played her in church a couple times).

Thanks. :

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Thunderbirds are GO! Love that bass!
    Thanks!

One of my better cheapie acquisitions. Came on Craigslist locally for $100, and I immediately snapped it up, even though I wasn't looking for a bass. Other than a somewhat nasty corner ding (on the back edge) not visible while playing, it's in very good shape. I could even Sharpie out the ding, but for now anyhow I'll just leave it as mojo.

They are neck heavy, but the string-to-string volume balance on this'un is really nice, better than my other basses (a MIM Jazz, a MIJ Squier P, and a USA '80's Peavey Fury I), though the action is a little high.

It was a good addition to the bass stable as I didn't have any dual-humbucker basses when I lucked into it.

And those T-birds do look boss :