Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Good stuff cheap: Dano, Boss, speakers, pickups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good stuff cheap: Dano, Boss, speakers, pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good stuff cheap: Dano, Boss, speakers, pickups

Rather than redo the post, you can see the whole thing over at TGP:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=581502

PM me here or there if you're interested.

Thanks for looking,
    Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

OK. Is it worth creating an account to see?
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for good seller. I bought a pedal from Bob and the transaction was flawless. :

Buy with confidence.

If I already didn't have two Boss DS-1 pedals, I'd be all over yours. :

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    OK. Is it worth creating an account to see?
    Woops. I had the folder set to private. You should be able to see the stuff now.

Thanks for the props, Tung. Right back at ya.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    Woops. I had the folder set to private. You should be able to see the stuff now.

Thanks for the props, Tung. Right back at ya.

Bob
    Nope. Still asking me to login, and I don't have an account there. Oh well.

Don't see why forum admins wouldn't want nonmembers to read the threads on their site. That's why I joined The Fret. Because of the openness to nonmembers.:
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Alesis NanoVerb
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Tung, did you do the Keeley or any other mods to your DS-1s? birv2, any overwhelming reason why you're ditching it?

And yes, these questions indicate interest
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    Nope. Still asking me to login, and I don't have an account there. Oh well.

Don't see why forum admins wouldn't want nonmembers to read the threads on their site. That's why I joined The Fret. Because of the openness to nonmembers.:
    Maybe I'm not understanding you, Wacky. Are you trying to view my photos? If so, they should be set to public and not require a login. Try refreshing the page and see what happens.

If that's what you're looking for, it has nothing to do with the Fret. My own pages, and my fault if you can't see them!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    Maybe I'm not understanding you, Wacky. Are you trying to view my photos? If so, they should be set to public and not require a login. Try refreshing the page and see what happens.

If that's what you're looking for, it has nothing to do with the Fret. My own pages, and my fault if you can't see them!

Bob
    When I click on your link above, I get:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Probably because the board is only viewable to members, and not to nonmembers.
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Alesis NanoVerb
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

All prices include shipping to lower 48. If you want to combine a few things for a lower price, make me an offer! All in good condition, have lived in smoke-free house. Paypal only.

Fender Pro Junior 10" speaker -- $20
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Peavey Blue Marvel speaker 10" (from Transtube Envoy) -- $15

Danelectro Fab Overdrive -- $10 SOLD

GFS Texas Premium Strat pickups -- $40

Loaded pickguard from 80's Japanese Squier -- $15 --SOLD

Danelectro Bacon & Eggs -- $10 -- SOLD

Boss DS-1 -- $20 SOLD
    Last edited by birv2; July 28th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Tung, did you do the Keeley or any other mods to your DS-1s? birv2, any overwhelming reason why you're ditching it?

And yes, these questions indicate interest
    I have not done any mods, yet. I did buy a DS-1 a while back for that express purpose. Vood did the Monte Allums mod, which is the one I think I would do. It involves replacing the chip with an adaptor so that you can swap out different opamps. The chip in the DS-1 is an odd inline jobbie rather than the 8-pin DIP style.

There is also one on the Premier Guitar site for the DS-1.

For the love of God, buy Bob's DS-1 before I do, Marnold. It's been nagging at me since I saw it this morning I don't need another one, but it is tempting... :

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    I have not done any mods, yet. I did buy a DS-1 a while back for that express purpose. Vood did the Monte Allums mod, which is the one I think I would do. It involves replacing the chip with an adaptor so that you can swap out different opamps. The chip in the DS-1 is an odd inline jobbie rather than the 8-pin DIP style.

There is also one on the Premier Guitar site for the DS-1.

For the love of God, buy Bob's DS-1 before I do, Marnold. It's been nagging at me since I saw it this morning I don't need another one, but it is tempting... :

tung
    I actually almost sprang (sprung? springed??) for the Allums mod. However, I just got a Jekyll and Hyde, which should cover both overdrive and distortion, and I also just got Monte's kit for the Opto Plus mod for the Boss CS-3.

So a combination of needing cash and also trying to eliminate "extra" pedals led to my ditching it. I like the pedal, though if I kept it, I would do Monte's mod.

Thanks for looking,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Jekyll & Hyde = TS808 + Rat. A good sounding and handy pedal but actually bigger than the two pedals it replaces.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Jekyll & Hyde = TS808 + Rat. A good sounding and handy pedal but actually bigger than the two pedals it replaces.
    I thought it was a TS808 and a Marshall Bluesbreaker (or something like that).

I haven't actually gotten it in the mail yet, waiting with bated breath. I've played with the one at GC and love it. However, that was V2 and the one I'm getting is V1.

Post Thanks / Like

Crap, my wife is going to shoot me. PM sent.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Crap, my wife is going to shoot me. PM sent.

Rev....tell your wife that the DS-1 is decidedly only half as Lutheran as your Thesis 96 pedal.....and that you are the only person who can convert it to fully Lutheran thusly saving it's electronic soul
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Rev....tell your wife that the DS-1 is decidedly only half as Lutheran as your Thesis 96 pedal.....and that you are the only person who can convert it to fully Lutheran thusly saving it's electronic soul
    Hey, Rev! What a coincidence! I just happen to be running a special "DS-1 Full Lutheran Conversion Mod" special this month! Miss this one, and you should be banished to eating a diet of worms....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Hey, Rev! What a coincidence! I just happen to be running a special "DS-1 Full Lutheran Conversion Mod" special this month! Miss this one, and you should be banished to eating a diet of worms....
    My favorite Lutheran joke....

*nyuk nyuk*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Except that a certain fellow forumite whose name rhymes with "brung" happened to beat me to the punch. Nevertheless, I will ask: what mods are you referring to? I heard clips of the Keeley mods and thought they sounded really good. I'm looking for something with that 80s-inspired distortion. 80s metal typically had less distortion than the more modern metal, especially teh br00talz.

Hier shredde ich.

(Yes, I just combined Lutheranism, pig German, and metal into a three word sentence. You may stand in amazement.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually, I was just making a joke. But I have done the top-of-the-line Monte Allums mod on a DS-1 and upgraded its sound from harsh & strident (not my favorite distro box, to say the least) to pretty respectable.

But if it's quintessential '80's distortion you want, with a whole lot of different flavors available from one box, it's definitely the Rabid Rodent that I'd point you toward....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast