Thread: Gone fer holidays...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gone fer holidays...

Behave, you kids! I'm gone on holidays for a few days. I'm on a Death Quest again - The Canadian Death Race!

:

For nearly a decade, elite racers have come here to cheat Death in one of the world's toughest adventure races. The 125 km course begins and ends on a 4200 foot plateau, passes over three mountain summits and includes 17,000 feet of elevation change and a major river crossing at the spectacular Hell's Gate canyon at the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur Rivers. During the August long weekend each year, extreme athletes, individually and in relays, push themselves to the limits of their endurance against the breathtaking background of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Each year, well-trained and totally committed, they battle heat, cold, altitude and themselves. There are no big cash prizes for winning: finishing is hard enough. And the bragging rights are priceless…
    R
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

pes_laul Guest

dude I envy you I can barely run a mile without just about dying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    dude I envy you I can barely run a mile without just about dying
    I guess it makes it the Death Race for you too then!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you doing this solo or with a team? If you do it solo can I have your guitars?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You can have his strat copy Spud, I can take the rest
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

death race? more like overkill race.

im with Pes on that one, im lucky if i make a mile.

not unfit...just lazy. LAZY.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a good break and race Robert! I am just back from holiday myself, went to Hood Canal/Gig Harbor/Tacoma to visit the saltwater and family. It was great! I hope your trip is great as well.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno. Generally I prefer not to use words like "Death" when referring to my vacation time.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Dunno. Generally I prefer not to use words like "Death" when referring to my vacation time.

Depends where you go, you might fancy a trip to Death Valley, CA.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Grande Cache right now, and we are having a great time here. On the Saturday, we run the Canadian Death Race, a fantastic race. You guys should be here!

We are 2 families here, and our kids are doing the Death Kids' race on Sunday. They are going through mud pits and up hills - I'll for sure take lots of pictures.

"Death" is of course a marketing gimmick... to make it sound tough. It's really not that bad...

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up running over a year ago.

I gained 30 lbs...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you had/have a good race Roberto. I have a lot of respect for you since I've recently been running to get ready for some mountain climbing. Running's hard!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.