Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My Ex-Wife

Thread: My Ex-Wife

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow My Ex-Wife

My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started, and she got
    her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft
    she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in Georgia because
    of bad weather. Thank God none of the kids were with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error. She was flying a single engine aircraft
    in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating).

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the
    ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure we don't have the same ex-wife?:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Did you pack the parachute?Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to say about that.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

pes_laul Guest

OMG!! that made my day

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I was scheduled to be on that flight.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

lmao....
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

IFR and VFR refers to Instrument and Visual Flight Rules, having nothing to do with a rating.

If you have an instrument rating, it will be noted on your certificate.

Your ex was flying in IMC, or instrument meteorological conditions without an instrument rating. Very bad. Very, very bad.

But yeah, I get the joke. My last boss left her flying machine in the closet when she was fired.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE
    IFR and VFR refers to Instrument and Visual Flight Rules, having nothing to do with a rating.

I haven't said anything, but when are you going to let the folks in on some of the reasoning behind your knowledge? I think the folks here would be very impressed.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

You really are an old dust farter, aren't you???
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE

Your ex was flying in IMC, or instrument meteorological conditions without an instrument rating. Very bad. Very, very bad.

But yeah, I get the joke. My last boss left her flying machine in the closet when she was fired.
    http://rlv.zcache.com/who_let_buzz_k...40tdt5_210.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

OOOHHHHH!!!!! I get it now!, at first I thought it was serious, but then I realized the broom implies she's a witch !!! JESUS I'm thick: !!!!!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Think she'll up grade to the newer hybrid electric model? Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, you got me!

EDIT: by the way Sumi, I think she'll upgrade to the swiffer broom. I heard they're sleek and fast.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

That was great- even my wife thought it was funny.