Thread: Ebow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ebow

I couldnt find any other place to put this so I`ll just ask here. Does anyone have experience with an ebow? I heard some sound samples and I thought they sounded really awesome so I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about these things.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only tried a Ebow once, but it was really cool. It generates violin-like attack when you hold it over the strings. Very different feeling when you play with it. I think they (at least used to) come with a introduction DVD.
    You can read more about it at the Ebow players guide.
    http://www.ebow.com/ebow/pg.htm
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

How do you use it? Is it actually like a violin bow or something?
    Guitars: Ibanez JEM7V, JEM555, AEF100EACV (acoustic), Schecter 007 Elite
    Amps: Marshall MG400HDFX Half Stack
    Effects: Digitech The Weapon, Synth Wah, EX7, MXR Phase 90, Rocktron Silver Dragon

Post Thanks / Like

Check the website and you´ll see it.
    You just hold it over the strings, closer means higher output. You can use it as a violin bow, and move it up and down for some really cool effects.
    The sustain goes on forever!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Wow its pretty sweet soundin. And my birthdays comin up so I have an excuse to get one haha
    Guitars: Ibanez JEM7V, JEM555, AEF100EACV (acoustic), Schecter 007 Elite
    Amps: Marshall MG400HDFX Half Stack
    Effects: Digitech The Weapon, Synth Wah, EX7, MXR Phase 90, Rocktron Silver Dragon