Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Clown poop SG - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clown poop SG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but do you guys really depend that much on inlays on the front of the fretboard? The dots on the side of the fretboard are important to me, but I don't really notice the markers on the front. I've always kind of thought they were there for the benefit of guitarists in my audience.
    My Fender only had some decorative inlays on the 11th-13th frets. It did have position markers on the side of the neck, which I assume these Gibsons also have. I didn't have a problem with it. It took a little adjusting to get used to the sharkie inlays on my Jackson, but after a couple of days, I was good to go.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a 2 year old ate all the paint and threw up on his dad's SG.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Gibson's desperate hey?
    probably because they enjoy stealing pictures off of smaller independant companies or websites.

more lawsuits = need mo' munneh!

IJ.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gibson's done worse, maybe/maybe not...
    Behold!

Last edited by Tig; August 1st, 2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spellin'
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

and SG with a maple neck and no pickup covers? eww.

but on the other hand, that funky explorer is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the maple fretboard SGs, although in a perfect world I'd wish for a matching color (to the body) headstock. Of course then Gibby fans would really go screaming into the night. Also I don't believe that pickup covers should exist. At least now there are pickups wound specifically to counteract the tonal effects of covers.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Gibson's done worse, maybe/maybe not...
    Behold!

Now that guitar reminds me of home.

Either that or a flyswatter.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't accepted these.

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I still haven't accepted these.

Why not? It looks like a perfectly reasonable mode of transportation.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Why not? It looks like a perfectly reasonable mode of transportation.
    True

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW - I love the title of this thread.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh shite! I like the maple neck SG - 'specially the white and gold ones look great. But that's only me.....I hated the maple neck LP though!

I don't think Gibson is desperate. Selling so many classic models you can easily effort "experiments" like the poop and hole ones. Who knows, maybe there's a classic among them. Who really believed in the success of the Flying V when it entered the market, or the SG? Les Paul hated the SG and wanted his name to be removed from it when it was called Les Paul Special.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75

I don't think Gibson is desperate. Selling so many classic models you can easily effort "experiments" like the poop and hole ones.
    When you have the visibility of Gibson, the failures or let's say "not so successful" models are going to be out there and discussed on a lot of forums. If it was Washburn, it wouldn't be discussed much beyond the Washburn forum.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

While I can certainly appreciate the laminate process (gunstock manufacturers have being doing this for awhile), I wonder about the bright colors. Mind you, I think it's pretty at first glance, actually reminds me of "the fool" SG, the one Vood mentioned. And therein lies the problem.
    I fear it would only be a matter of time until these catch on at every small town country music opry, and would be played by the obligatory fool dressed in clown attire, you know the one, couple teeth blacked out, poor grammar, oversized shoes.
    Might be fitting, tho, since Gibson stole Robert's pic.........
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

most everone hated the explorer when it first came out, so it was originally discontinued and eventually replaced with the firebird, then reissued soon after. But now theyre both considered classic by the majority of gibson fans. I love explorers myself, especially the all-white ones like what joel o'keffe from airbourne has.

the 'zoot suited' SG looks like puke now, but in 50 years it might be the bee'z kneez...right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    True
    This one goes in reverse!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

if theres a single guitar i never had GAS for, its the reverse V.

its just...strange! its like something tot would ride in.

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    if theres a single guitar i never had GAS for, its the reverse V.

its just...strange! its like something tot would ride in.

i dont know this ones up there....

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_i...4c8b6387a3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

that explorer-ish thing would be alright if it didnt have that wacko headstock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast