Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

I refinished my Les Paul - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I refinished my Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely gorgeous, 8d! Man, that's a real work of art! :
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one that shows almost the exact color of the back and sides, i try to make it a really fade red mahogany finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    Absolutely gorgeous, 8d! Man, that's a real work of art! :

Thank you BigG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep it sure looks much better now, excellent job!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good brother
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

pes_laul Guest

You did an excellent job dude :

Post Thanks / Like

This is essentially what I'd do to every relic'd guitar out there!

That said, a friend just came back from Japan with a relic'd Edwards Les Paul that look's pretty sweet because it was done smartly (one ding and a disstressed finish) and look's real. Plus it sounds like a very good vintage LP with the light weight and Bareknuckle's in it. But I'd still prefer it as new.

Post Thanks / Like

Another new image.

Thank you all for the great compliments.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking axe, dude! Can I have it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin' Good

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the back of the headstock with the serial applied by hand and first hand of varnish.

Post Thanks / Like

Here a preview images of my guitar naturally aged.

Nico.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I remember the old cellulose lacquer at least used to be prone to cracking in quick temperature changes.

When I bought mine I wondered about the extra cloth layer on the case, which remained over the guitar when you opened the case, and the salesperson said that one function is to slow down the temperature change when you open the box.

I never had any problems, but whenever my guitar was riding to a gig in a cold trailer at minus -25 celsius and I took it in to room temp at a gig, I always made sure I waited at least 15 minutes before opening the case, then cracked it open but still left the cloth on for a while.

A buddy of mine swore that when his goldtop was relatively new in the 70's, he had walked to practice in -30 weather and when he had gotten to the practice late and promptly taken the guitar out to play it, its lacquer had simply cracked in a hundred small hairline cracks like snap crackle pop...and it remained that way ever since. The cracks looked a little like those on the last picture, around the edges mostly.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Mode details of the aging parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Them tophats sure are tasty looking!!!:

Would love a authentic vintage aged set
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same guitar that you just recently refinished? Were the very first pictures that you posted, pictures of this actual guitar or stock photos?
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Is this the same guitar that you just recently refinished? Were the very first pictures that you posted, pictures of this actual guitar or stock photos?

This last images are of the recently refinish guitar that i just aged!!!: ...... i know i should have left her alone, but whats the point of having an UNBURST finish if the guitar is going to look like new, it just doesn't match.

Post Thanks / Like

New photo!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast