Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
TheFret.net New Theme Opinions

Thread: TheFret.net New Theme Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default TheFret.net New Theme Opinions

Hi all,

After we got the new logo for The Fret, I contacted Robert and offered to make a new theme for the forums to go with the logo. I've used a lot of similar colours in the construction of it. Anyway, have a look and please do offer opinions and suggestions! Do keep in mind that even in the image below there are a few things that I still need to fix up. It's still a work in progress and by no means the final product.

Ben.
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Its looking great Ben.. nice work
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Ben, thanks for the preview of what we can expect. Just curious, is the plan to stick with "The Place for Guitar & Base"?

I was thinking of maybe something like:

"Discussion of Guitar and Music Where the World is Invited to Join In"

Thinking along the lines of the purpose of the forum and tying in the logo.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the overall look, but personally, I still like the dark background with less white. Easier on the eyes to me. Just my .02, and thanks for the work!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

"Discussion of Guitar and Music Where the World is Invited to Join In"

Thinking along the lines of the purpose of the forum and tying in the logo
    like this idea too +1,great question btw place for bass and guitar :
    oh and Ben nice work chap. have to go with SVL about the white too,I know still a work in progress but coming together nicely
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - that was originally the tagline, but somehow I misplaced the word "Friendly" when I made this website logo header!

"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - flows nicely, doesn't it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    "The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - that was originally the tagline, but somehow I misplaced the word "Friendly" when I made this website logo header!

"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - flows nicely, doesn't it?
    That it does Boss.somehow the gray matter played that misplace on ya,no biggie happens to the best of us well intentioned fretters :
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking someone should work out making an audio loop of the intro to "Eye of the Tiger" that will play continuously while using the forum...

Either that or "Thunderstruck"...

Post Thanks / Like

thinking a vote on any audio clip whatsoever might be in order to active members and posters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin
    I'm thinking someone should work out making an audio loop of the intro to "Eye of the Tiger" that will play continuously while using the forum...

Arrgh! That would be super annoying.

Regarding color - I too would like to stick with the usual colors. It's really easy on the eyes (that's probably why I've been on so much).

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I hadn't even thought of including the tagline, but I'll get to that. Also I'll change the background colour if that's what everyone wants, I've still to get to colour balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by rylanmartin

I think I speak for the entire member-base when I say the words: NOT HAPPENING!

Post Thanks / Like

count me among the ones that prefer a darker background....especially at 5am when I do most of my fret surfing.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I've changed the background colour, but rather than a dark grey or dark red, I've used a lighter grey. It's a good compromise because it allows distinction between the background and foreground content, but is also visually appealing and easy on them tired eyes. I'll get a few more things done and then post another preview. I've just started a new job, so I'm really busy at the moment, but I'm hoping to get it all completed and off to Robert this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking great! I feel a darker background would be good too. May you could put some veins in there somewhere the fret has to have some veins. No really it is looking great!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Looking great! I feel a darker background would be good too. May you could put some veins in there somewhere the fret has to have some veins. No really it is looking great!

M29
    Brilliant! A spiderweb of veins across the right half of the header.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

originaly posted by Spudman
    Brilliant! A spiderweb of veins across the right half of the header.
    yep we gotta have veins to show the bosses influence on here and Right about not happening - great work on it thus far,keep it up and eventually we'll(you'll) get er done