Thread: Early Birthday Present!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early Birthday Present!

I've been really pissed that they don't have any real courses on electric bass for university, so I'm gonna have to spend about $1,800 at my local music store for a CHEAP upright so I can quickly learn as much about it as possible, then take the audition for the classes. so my parents have surprised me last week, by getting me a rental upright, it's pretty much this model:
    http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product..._3_4_BASS.html

yeah, it's really been a learning experience, the scale is longer, the strings have way more tension and the bow is really difficult to get the hang of, but I'm enjoying it! My parents have told me it's an early birthday gift, so I can't hope for an eyepatch or a silly pirate hat, but hey, I don't mind folding another one from paper yarrrr!:
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you have to find a strap.

Good luck in your journey.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

my little bro used to play an upright bass, i hope you have a strong spine friend.

good luck on your musical journey, wherever it may lead you.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Takamine now has a model out that can be played with a strap or the stand legs can be pulled down to use as an upright, a really nice sounding guitar.

Post Thanks / Like