Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Valve Junior Sound Files Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Valve Junior Sound Files Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Valve Junior Sound Files Thread

Ok you single ended Class A amp types I want to HEAR what your Valve Juniors can do. I want MP3s....wav files....video.....movies...whatever you got. I'm tired of reading about how great they are.....now I want to hear them in action and I want video! Robert.....go get one so I can see it! The rest of you....post some live music with it!

Post Thanks / Like

No one? No one has any sound bytes of their Valve Jrs.? Really?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link to OldGuy's sample... great sound comming from a avatar cab and the Valve Jr.. http://www.savefile.com/projects/864564

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd posted these clips over on DVM's Valve Jr. mod thread yesterday morning.

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?...6&postcount=33

Some of them are modded, some aren't. These aren't my own, of course, but they should at least give you some idea about how the amp sounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Oldguy - when you get a chance can you please PM me I want to ask you something.

I remember how good the combo sounded with humbuckers cranked. The 5 watts on that little amp are pretty loud yeah. The sweet spot as so many have mentioned is at about 2:00. I'd really like to hear some single coils on the cranked mode...and with the volume tapered off to clean while cranked. This is the sound I am interested in. I remember the sound being dark and wishing there was more treble response. Again maybe it's my hearing loss of highs that cause me to think this way about the combo. With the head version and different speakers I'm pretty sure the treble response would be much different. This is where I think the head would shine. I just wished the combo was brighter. Maybe a different speaker would be better. I know some of you changed your speakers and so off I go to research your changes on previous threads..... Thanks for posting Justa and Nelskie.

Post Thanks / Like

i put a small video out... thats me with the valve jr.. low volume.. its on the recording thread.. maybe its expired already..

Post Thanks / Like

http://rapidshare.de/files/30379589/..._test.wmv.html

heres a video I made almost now.. check it out boys...

Post Thanks / Like

Iago - Yes...YES, that is what I want. Thats the sound I want to hear. Bright radical sounding guitar played through a small Class A amp. Now that I have a Tele I really want another Valve Junior again. Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

There are links to short clips from my Strat & my Dot thru my modded VJr. in THIS POSTING. And HERE'S a clip using my LP with the VJr and my ToneDriver pedal (settings a la Nelskie), with a bit more "oomph". Hope these help!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome DVM. Thanks for reposting and for the Pearly sound clip!

Post Thanks / Like

something a little different....here is a short clip....electro-resonator through the valve jr.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Warren, very cool sound! I almost could taste the delta mud
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warren. Super Duper bro! Thats awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was home last weekend I couldn't access savefile, problems w/ them working on their server or something. Now I have reloaded the epi valve demo clip 3 times, but when I go back later it says "no files attatched to this project". I'll try it again. Anybody else having this problem, or did my demo suck so bad that they just don't want it on there?
    http://savefile.com/projects/864564
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey oldguy - our FN buddy Justa also had some files posted up over at savefile.com, and I couldn't get to those, either - - not sure why, but here's his response: http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=12854&postcount=4

I've always been a bit skeptical about many of those file-posting sites. Often times, they kick your uploaded stuff off for no reason whatsoever. You might want to consider finding another site to post your stuff at. I might also recommend that you do a post on the "Open Mic" section - - maybe some of our fellow Fretters have some suggestions on other file-posting sites?

Anyways - just an idea. I'm anxious to hear those clips!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Nelskie. Seems to be working for now. Reloaded it 4 times before it "took" and stayed.
    Glenn
    P.S.
    Here is a short sound clip w/ the head volume @ 3 o'clock, telecaster played on -1.neck pu,-2.both pu's,- 3. bridge pu. tele volume and tone wide open. Nothing added, no effects, no Hotplate, nothing. I set the mike closer to myself than the amp to describe what I was doing, but IF YOU TURN THE VOLUME UP TO HEAR ME TALKING AT THE BEGINNING THE SOUND WILL BLOW YOUR EARS OUT WHEN I START PLAYING!!! I am not joking, that's how loud this amp is through 2x12 Celestions. If you want to hear what I'm saying about the amp on this clip, play it a few times to know when I will start playing so you can adjust the volume accordingly. I should have set the mike right against my face and shouted. The amp is LOUD. I could gig w/ it w/ no problem, even outdoors if it was miked. I wanted to demonstrate how loud and what sound you get w/ absolutely nothing but the head, a 2x12 cab, and single coil pickups. With effects it will do even more, and it loves pedals. I haven't even upgraded the tubes yet. It is a little dark sounding, seems happier w/ the Tele than HB'rs.
    Last edited by oldguy; August 27th, 2006 at 09:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a new one for you, Tone. See the post above and read the warning about the volume. Next time I'll yell into the mike as I record.
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

That's some tasty stuff there, oldguy. The amp sounds great, too.

You'd also mentioned that a tube upgrade was in the works down the road - any ideas as to what you're thinking about as far as tubes go? I keep hearing mixed reviews on the Groove Tubes GT-12AX7-M Mullard re-issue, which is what I'd thought about using in my Jr. head. Everybody seems to be out of them, though. Maybe I'm time / money ahead just going with a J & J set. They sound great in my combo, so it'd be a safe bet that they'd sound good in the head as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie, I can't really give much advice on tube upgrades. I always go to Bob @ Eurotubes, call or e'mail, tell him want I want (earlier/later breakup, smoother tone, etc.), he suggests something, I say "OK", he hasn't let me down yet.
    I did another rough clip (real rough) w/ some room reverb and a little backing track. If the guitar is too irritating you can pan to the left and practice along to the track w/o listening to my playing. The music doesn't kick in for about 17 seconds, so be patient. It was a rush job
    Glenn
    Oh, I might mention I used the Hotplate on this to record @ low room volume (wife was sleeping) miked the cab up close, and it's storming here in MO today, but I didn't get too much thunder noise on there.
    Last edited by oldguy; August 27th, 2006 at 10:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast