Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's yer best OD pedal? Duh, any ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's yer best OD pedal? Duh, any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger
    I'd say my BBE Green Screamer or my BBE Crusher
    The Green Screamer is a great OD...probably my favorite TS type...on my board now. Didn't care for the Crusher though.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody has said it yet, so I will. DuhVoodooMan's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer is BY FAR the best TS-style OD pedal I have ever owned. There.

Out of the milder OD pedals, the Transparent Overdrive by Danelectro is a true winner.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Nobody has said it yet, so I will. DuhVoodooMan's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer is BY FAR the best TS-style OD pedal I have ever owned. There.
    : :

Thank you, Robert! I agree with you, not surpisingly, but it would have been self-serving of me to post anything of that sort. But it's great to get an endorsement from an accomplished guitarist with a good ear!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Thank you, Robert! I agree with you, not surpisingly, but it would have been self-serving of me to post anything of that sort. But it's great to get an endorsement from an accomplished guitarist with a good ear!
    Would that happen to be the BYOC Overdrive 2, by any chance? :
    Now that's a pedal that will likely get built by me very soon.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    That'd be the one. I've got a version of that one as well that DVM made without some of the ZYS II features. I like it a lot. Nevertheless, it might be to DVM's benefit if he NOT get an endorsement from a hack like me.

I like it anyway There goes your reputation, DVM.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Yup, the ZYS Mark II is built from that kit, along with some of my own tweaks and modifications, notably a switch that lets you put the onboard boost either before or after the OD stage. Gory details HERE....

The BYOC Overdrive 2 kit is a great design--highly recommended for you DIY'ers! :

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

As the owner of the ZYS Mark II serial #1, I can only promise it will some day be released back to vintage collectors at one of the finer auction houses. Until then, I'm sure DVM would be happy to put another one together for anyone wanting one.

It is almost a shame that I own this pedal, as I have no doubt it has far more sounds than I'm able to coax from it as a neophyte. And yet, I'm grateful to have such a solid tool to help me craft my tone.

Please accept yet another endorsement of your craftsmanship.
    I'm a strat man. Mostly playing blues and modern praise and worship music.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shark, that is how I feel about the Rodent, more cool sounds than my skill and experience can access. But a great one to grow with. And to combine the rodent with the ZYS together, look out! I cannot specifically endorse the ZYS for deeaa's specific needs as he stated them, but I am sure it is super versatile. Deeaa says a tube screamer that doesn't clutter up the sound. I don't know, because I haven't played one, but I bet the ZYS could be dialed in that way. Bare minimum controls? Nope. Will take some twiddling to get there. Robert will need to advise more specifically if possible.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Man Shark you are getting me all pumped up, I have an order in for one too. The suspense is unbearable.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Got my ZYS Mk II from DVM today but alas, was delivered at the office. I'm hearing all sorts of imaginary overdrive goodness !
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Fulltone OCD recently. It's absolutely the best overdrive pedal I've ever had. It doesn't color your sound too much, and it's very dynamic. It feels more like playing through a real amp. It cleans up nicely when you turn down the guitar volume, but then it screams when you turn up.

Check out this demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90pWDtBTd4g

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

DVM ships international but doesnt have insurance on it i believe.

all the lovepedal models are available at proguitarshop which i think ship international.

Fulltone OCD, Divided by 13 Joyride and the Mad Professor Sky Blue OD are all great boutique quality pedals. (all relatively average in price for quality pedals, apart from the mad prof, which is £225 which is roughtly $400-500 i believe.)

footnote - the mad professor pedals are made in finland by hand, so i hope they are available there!
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    DVM ships international but doesnt have insurance on it i believe.
    Some clarification on this statement:

I typically use USPS First Class International Package as my shipping method for non-US destinations, which is very reasonably priced but offers no insurance option. If someone has another shipping option they want me to use and it's (1) readily available to me, and (2) they're willing to pay the additional cost, I'll certainly consider it! For international purchases, I REQUIRE payment by PayPal and shipment to a confirmed address. And you'll need to have been a member here for more than 10 minutes!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

My ZYS Mk II is in transit. Can't wait to plug it in. Robert's demo's sound great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Duh, do you have a list/explanations of your pedals, prices etc?
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Duh, do you have a list/explanations of your pedals, prices etc?
    Pedal pages on my website:

Click on the indvidual pedal thumbnails to open a page with a description of each pedal.

Ordering info:

Price list:

I primarily use Buildyourownclone.com kits for by pedal builds. You can check out their product line here:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

For an extra fiver he'll do all the soldering wearing nothing but the official Fret thong. Talk about adding to the degree of difficulty!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    For an extra fiver he'll do all the soldering wearing nothing but the official Fret thong. Talk about adding to the degree of difficulty!

DVM pedals, made in USA! (just like the thongs!)
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    DVM pedals, made in USA! (just like the thongs!)
    And make sure you put the potato in the front of your thong,you dont want Emma or the guys in the band laughing at you. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast