Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's yer best OD pedal? Duh, any ideas? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's yer best OD pedal? Duh, any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I might send mine back................This talk of a thong kinda weirds me out.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and my best pedal is my potato masher,err I mean my Rabid Rodent,DVM made me of course!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    I think I might send mine back................This talk of a thong kinda weirds me out.
    Sorry, no refunds for the squeamish!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Don't worry--as long as you didn't pay the extra $5, you're safe. As far as you know.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well guys, I listened to some demos and decided to try the Danelectro Transparent...especially since it was way cheap. Only about forty euros with all the freight and stuff from the U.S! Seems it'd be a great time to buy stuff overseas now the dollar is low compared to the Euro.

Anyway, from now on I think I will not sell my OD pedals forward any more. There are so many I regret selling...especially I long after the FX100 RealTube DOD. That was a killer pedal to liven up SS or D/I sounds. Oh well.

I'll report how the Danelectro works for me once I get it....will take a week I suppose at least.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Don't worry--as long as you didn't pay the extra $5, you're safe. As far as you know.
    LOL!!!! The Rev is on a roll today!

Deeaa, I hope you enjoy it and it does what you are looking for!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

the beauty of sodlering in a thong...

everytime you try to rearrange your goods you burn your leg at 400 degrees.

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

You guys crack me up

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Transparent OD is a great pedal, but it doesn't have a lot of gain (not supposed to either), like the ZYS, so they very different pedals.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

from what i hear, DVM's ZYS has more saturation than the bad monkey and the Transparent OD. Something like the DVM OD2 has a alot of options on it (like Marnold's Thesis pedal) and should be very versatile.

just make sure you pay him $10 to NOT wear the thong
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

My Thesis pedal has a lot more gain on tap, although you can control that with the internal trim pot if you are so inclined. It's also a lot brighter than a regular Tube Screamer clone. I find myself rarely turning the tone knob past noon. The gain and tone at 9:00 A.M. would give you roughly the same sound as my old TO800 with both of those set at noon.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    My Thesis pedal has a lot more gain on tap, although you can control that with the internal trim pot if you are so inclined.
    And if it's gain you're after, my ZYS Mark II version of this pedal will give you even more by letting you switch the boost stage in front of the OD stage.

AAMOF, I just completed a ZYS Mk II build for a non-Fretter who specifically wanted muy grande gain, so I built the pedal to run 5x the normal TS808 gain factor, rather than the 2x that is my standard ZYS setup. While testing it, I dialed up the overdrive gain pot to near max. and switched on the boost in front of the OD--definitely sounded more like an outright distortion pedal than an OD at that point. Tons of "hair" and lots of compression/sustain....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

the ZYS Mk.II sounds like a juicy little number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The Transparent OD is a great pedal, but it doesn't have a lot of gain (not supposed to either), like the ZYS, so they very different pedals.
    That should work for me...my base sound is already driven so when I use a TS or something, it's 1/4 gain maximum usually. When I kick in the compressor it's already in ultra-gain territory.

I don't want a lot of gain, I need every string to be hearable as its own when full chording....but I do need some OD.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Dee, you will like the TOD then. It is a really, really nice sounding pedal! It's very "dynamic" and reacts well to how you play and adjust the guitar's volume knob.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

i just ordered the Dano Cool Cat Drive. its the furrier big bro (it you say) of the Trans. OD.

Robert has great sound clips of both on youtube.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123