Thread: Dolly Parton "Crackerjack"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dolly Parton "Crackerjack"

Who knew Dolly was such a good finger picker? I always knew she was a great singer and performer, but now I'm even more in awe. As a kid, I only paid attention to her most famous asset.

Crackerjack
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    .....As a kid, I only paid attention to her most famous asset.

Crackerjack
    Plural buddy.....plural.

Post Thanks / Like

When you were a kid? I still do....
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Who knew Dolly was such a good finger picker? I always knew she was a great singer and performer, but now I'm even more in awe. As a kid, I only paid attention to her most famous asset.

Crackerjack
    I've always been a Dolly fan. Could never figure out how she played so well with those nails - man! I think she uses a lot of open tunings. She is also a prolific songwriter. I saw an interview once where she admitted that she makes more off her songwriting royalties than off her album sales. Pretty shrewd business lady.

Lots of good footage on Youtube, especially some older footage.

I wonder what she really looks like
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5