Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The most ridiculous band names

Post Thanks / Like

Who could forget the their album Hairway to Steven . Chocolate Starfish was a front runner for our unnamed band, a a few years later it was taken up by some Aussies . I liked Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeds alteregos for the more staid sounding Gaye Bykers on Acid . Man where have all the good names gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nine Inch Nails- I think is just another that belongs on the list.
    Seriously, there are some nqames that I have seen listed on a rooster that can't be allowed on this site- what has to be on someones mind to name their group some so profane. I so one that was honest about it -WE SUCK!
    They sure did when it came to playing music.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a senior at the Sem, a bunch of us were going to put a band together. It didn't go very far, but we were going to call ourselves "Hieronymus Bosch and the Chiggerz" with an umlaut over the Z.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Rev, that reminds me of one of my favorite move titles of all time:

"Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Hump and Find True Happiness?"

Starred Anthony Newly, as I recall...
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Or howabout shoulda been band names. In high school we always thought 'Dow Jones and the Industrialists' would get used someday, but to my knowledge....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12