Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Wing - Check out this version...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Wing - Check out this version...

On acoustic no less. I totally loved this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1...481C61&index=0

I also have to post this one too. Caught this at FDP and wanted you guys to see this chick play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OJc3Cg1c4

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing! Thanks for that tone!
    The acoustic version was easily the best one I´ve heard!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That Korean girl makes a great copy of SRV's version. Really impressive.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Rob - I know thats what I thought too. She went for it note for note on Stevies version. She looks Japanese to me though. Cute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1...481C61&index=0
    Man, that tone is so cool. I've tried to get that type fo tone on my electric/acoustics, but they are very finicky about feedback. You can hear him suffer it a little bit also, but it sounds sick!

Thanks for the post! I like this version much better than SRVs cover. My all time favorite live version is still Jimi's Royal Albert Hall version, but this is a close second. That guy can rip on an acoustic man!

Next to Willie Nelson, I've never seen such a reliced acoustic.

Now as for the asian woman's version... just fantastic! Music is the world's universal language that trandscends all races and religions. Jimi would be very proud to see his work so masterfully done.
    Last edited by tremoloman; August 22nd, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Man, that tone is so cool. I've tried to get that type fo tone on my electric/acoustics, but they are very finicky about feedback. You can hear him suffer it a little bit also, but it sounds sick!

Thanks for the post! I like this version much better than SRVs cover. My all time favorite live version is still Jimi's Royal Albert Hall version, but this is a close second. That guy can rip on an acoustic man!

Next to Willie Nelson, I've never seen such a reliced acoustic.

Now as for the asian woman's version... just fantastic! Music is the world's universal language that trandscends all races and religions. Jimi would be very proud to see his work so masterfully done.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The acoustic lead tone he got was dope man! You seldom see or hear anyone playing it that way.

I just thought it was pretty cool to see an Asian chick play it in Stevie's style too.

Post Thanks / Like

I started checking out Monte Montgomery after a previous post here on theFret.Net and a link to another Youtube Little Wing performance (gotta luv YouTube ). Awesome tone and use of effects on an acoustic platform Monte, Ben Harper and a few others are pushing the acoustic evelope and leading innovation in the genre. As if I don't have my hands full with an electric guitar, I'm pursuing an acoustic/unplugged venture, largely based on the inspiration from that video and from chatting with and learning from you guys!

I'll keep you posted.

BTW, Alvarez has a MM signature acoustic based on his ol' beater. Check out more at http://www.alvarezgtr.com/artistpage.htm?ArtistID=149
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    According to here MM uses a Boss Compressor and Ibanez Tube Screamer among other effects. Gonna have to try that Probably uses some kinda notch filter or active feedback suppression, though he does make good use of feedback on occassion so who knows. I'll have to investigate further.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Lord.. that was amazing.. thanks for posting that Tone.

Post Thanks / Like

both versions were great....but what is hotter than a cute asian girl playing the heck out of Little Wing
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    both versions were great....but what is hotter than a cute asian girl playing the heck out of Little Wing
    *nods* thats what I'm sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    hmmm...there's places this could go, but at the risk of becoming too politically incorrect I'm just gonna leave that one alone *dirty little mind whirling uncontrollably*

But I will say this, "Guitar Chicks ROCK!"

Man, you guys make it had to concentrate: between guitar chicks and tremoloman's silver bullets we're gonna have to change the focus of this forum
    Last edited by t_ross33; August 22nd, 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really very tempted to plug my daughter's Martin Auditorium Acoustic/Electric into the Bad Monkey and see what happens. What do you guys think.....Peavey Classic 30 or Marshall for this one?

Post Thanks / Like

well i'm a peavey classic fan so that's where my vote goes....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Tone, Valve Jr of course
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I love it. As i posted on June 12th here

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=901

Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Ehrm... I must have missed it last time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Ehrm... I must have missed it last time
    Doesn't matter. I would like it if posted twice a week.... Cool stuff.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Well I must have missed that too. Sorry GC. The Korean girl was new though I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast