Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Greetings from Mechanicsburg, Pa.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Mechanicsburg, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings from Mechanicsburg, Pa.

Greetings from beautiful Pennsylvania. I came across The Fret recently, poked around a bit, and thought it was a pretty cool place. So if you don't mind, I'll hop on for the ride.
    'Been in love with guitar since I got a plastic Emenee Gene Autry guitar at age 6, 1958. Started getting serious when my folks surprised me with a guitar lesson and a Stella rental guitar on my 10th birthday. I've been hooked ever since. Started to dabble with bass 2 years ago and got a drum kit earlier this year.
    I'm married to a wonderful woman who supports my love of music. No kids, 2 dogs, a cat, and all the deer, toads, and forest creatures that come to visit. I make custom straps, ride motorcycles, kayak, fish, and just love living here in Pa.
    'Hope to get to meet a bunch of you ~
    Bob
    Last edited by otaypanky; August 21st, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Bob!

The information around here is probably amoung the best exchanged on the internet, atleast from what ive experienced so far. If you need any information about anything gear wise or whatever im sure the guys here will help.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Welocome !!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Bob.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group.

How about a pic or two of the custom straps you make???
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, otayBob.
    Let's see some of those straps when you get time............
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob, from another Bob in PA (I'm in Lancaster).

This is not only a great place for sharing info, but also has some of the nicest people. You'll be glad you landed here.

What do you play? And yeah, let's see some of those straps!

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Bob!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Bob,

Sounds like you have some nice surroundings there, good music, and a great wife.

I'm in neighboring Ohio just outside of Cleveland. I use to visit PA regularly (Warminster, New Whales, and Harleysville). I'm actually headed to Ivy PA in about a week or two (somewhere near Philly).

Good to have you join the group.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome brother!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to The Fret, Bob. That's my name too. We were neighbors for a while--I lived in Lancaster back in '95 - '00. Back up in the Albany NY area now, where I'm originally from.

Anyway--glad to have you with us! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome!

Welcome, Bob! I live in Dallas, PA (near Wilkes-Barre). This is a very nice forum--I think you'll like it here.
    Guitars:

Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster (1990)
    Carvin DC-127 (2000)
    Fender Baja Telecaster (2016)
    Recording King RO-10 (2016)
    Gibson Les Paul CM (2015)

Amp:

Boss Katana 50

Effects:

Boss Tuner
    Caline Orange Burst
    Electro-Harmonix LPB1

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob. I know I know that monicker of yours from somewhere, but I post on so many boards I couldn't tell you which one.

Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Some pics ~

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful leather work. Look for a PM from me.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Bob. Brookwood Leatherstraps huh? They look nice...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob I like the rsguitarworks logo on that strap but personally hope you have thier permission to use the copyrighted logo ,they are some great friends of mine.I would buy that strap fo-sho as long as it did not infringe on their copyrights!! Not trying to be unpleasant at all,hell you might know them aswell
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast