Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Usaine Bolt 9,58 sec - 100m

Thread: Usaine Bolt 9,58 sec - 100m

Post Thanks / Like

Default Usaine Bolt 9,58 sec - 100m

I saw it live yesterday. Wow. This guy was running with a top speed of 40 km/h or 24,85 mph. For all of you that have missed it. Here's DA ROCKET:

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

druuuuugs
    Guitars: Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, Ibanez Talman TC420, Guitar built by yours truly
    Pedals: Digitech DF7, Digitech EX7, Ibanez WH10, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX The Worm, Arion DDM-1, Digitech XBW
    Amp: Marshall MG100HDFX + MG412
    www.myspace.com/ragnarpk

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit to having the same suspicions, not only about Bolt but the whole Jamaican sprint program. Hope I'm wrong, but this level of domination from a country with a population of under 3 million--less than the state of Iowa--is extremely difficult to understand.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The Jamaican sprint/hurdles programs for men/women have been stellar for decades. RUNNING is their sport and their way out of the abject poverty that crushes their island republic.

They dominate the short races in the same manner that the African runners dominate races over a mile.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm well aware of the Jamaican emphasis on the sprint events for many years. And they've been competitive for many years. It's this sudden dominance that raises suspicions. We've seen it happen in other sports, and all too often it's chemically enhanced. Hope that's not the case here, but can't help being skeptical....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Vood......that was my point. The Jamaicans have been in the ELITE class for so long....that it's not surprising when one of their runners outclasses the rest of the field. Same thing happened when Carl Lewis ran for the USA. He won most of his races handily.

At times, even among the ELITE performers of a sport/skill.........sometimes there are sizable gradations between the Top Dog and the next in line.

My gut feeling is that Usain Bolt is the creme de la creme of sprinting simply because he is the BEST and not because of chemical enhancement. His technique is flawless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarpk
    druuuuugs
    Usain Bolt passed over 30 consecutive drug tests. Carl Lewis failed 3 drug tests and was allowed to compete at the 1988 Olympics.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after the Olympics everybody suspected Bolt to have doped. In the end it was false suspicion. I think if you look back at the 100m run at the Olympics you could already see that there was much more potential to Bolt. I had the impression that he "jogged" the olympic 100m, he had time to look to the left and right and he was highly superior to the other athletes. So his new record in Berlin is not as surprising as one could think. And in fact, also in the Berlin run he had some buffer. If Bolt improves his start, he could also beat the 9,5 barrier.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's encouraging and I certainly hope it's all true. We don't need yet another doping scandal, for sure, but there have been so many cases of those "top dogs" turning out to be juiced up that it's hard not to be suspicious of such a dominating performance. I'll shut up now....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Your point is well taken.....there is just such a preponderence of "juice" that it's almost a scene where being juiced is "assumed" until proven differently. So, "guilty" until proven "innocent". That's a shame.

The Phils slugger Ryan Howard raised eyebrows when he started hitting tons of homers for us a few years ago. Lots of them and more than a few were monstrous shots. Then, you take a look at him.....nothing but a big ole farm boy in appearance. He didn't/doesn't look stacked and ripped at all. Thank God for that.