Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
In My Dream

Thread: In My Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Default In My Dream

OK, I had a very bizarre dream last night. I was playing bass for Dokken at a very small show. I was playing bass, even though Jeff Pilson was there. He's the only member of the group I talked to. George was playing guitar. Don Dokken was looking like a load and was more interested in talking than playing any songs. We were playing through rented gear that was beyond crappy. I do remember that I was playing a Peavey bass like the one I used have except with a single super-ferrite pickup. The bridge appeared to be pulling away from the body. I was able to fake my way through the bass parts.

Eventually I realized I had my DK2M in my hands. We broke into a Metallica song (don't know why, can't remember which one it was) as I ran around like a madman as I was playing. We got to the solo part when I realized I didn't know the solo. So I winged it. It absolutely ripped.

At the end it was like I was watching what appeared to be a bootleg DVD of the performance. At the end there was a track listing. Of the 12 tracks we played, three had names. The rest were "??????????" because Don was blabbering and no one was sure what the heck we were playing.

I have no idea where any of this came from.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Interpretation:

You have a subconscious desire to wear women's wigs. Please consult your priest... oh wait....
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    Interpretation:

You have a subconscious desire to wear women's wigs. Please consult your priest... oh wait....
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

When I read the title, I thought you had learned to play a new Roy Orbison song.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    It means you had pizza for dinner that night.
    There's an Italian saying that goes something like "The hotter you evening meal, the wilder your dreams".

So it must have been a pizza with a lot of pepperoni and chili on it.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to dream in colors eat ice cream.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    If you want to dream in colors eat ice cream.
    Ice cream and some of these:

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! That reminds of a certain cactus.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I went out for dinner with a classmate of mine to celebrate 15 years since we graduated from Sem. I had beef tips on noodles--nothing spicy there. The place was, however, a brewpub. I just may have had a beer or three.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Actually, I went out for dinner with a classmate of mine to celebrate 15 years since we graduated from Sem. I had beef tips on noodles--nothing spicy there. The place was, however, a brewpub. I just may have had a beer or three.
    or 6 or 9...
    _____

_____