Thread: Otis Day and the Knights

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Otis Day and the Knights

Jimi75 inspired me with his post of Igor Prado Band to post this "movie band" from the old Animal House film, featuring Robert Cray on bass guitar before he was famous. I always loved the music from this film. Note how Robert Cray is purely a guy in the background at this point in his career. Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tASw...eature=related
    Pretty cool that they included the whole song in the movie.

This one is a big favorite as I love the old school swing of it. The vid is "messed up" in a creative way by these folks for their wedding, but the song is all there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RixnR1k1Ldk
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; August 19th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that guitarist looked familiar, but I could never place him!

Animal House is one of my fave films, for sure. At one point I even owned "The Animal House Book," which contains the full story intended to be filmed. There was a whole subplot about pep pills that got cut out of the film-- there's one fleeting reference to it in the trial scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Cray playing bass on that clip?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oops, yes, I meant bass guitar. I thought that headstock looked big. :
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; August 19th, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Otis and the Knights when I was in college. Having watched Animal House any number of times by then, I had a great time. Thanks for bringing that memory up!

Post Thanks / Like

By the looks of your avatar peachhead it brought up more than a memory! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this one! Excellent pick SVL!!!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Great piece of trivia!!

Terrific post.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    By the looks of your avatar peachhead it brought up more than a memory! Sumi
    It was a good night, what more can I say?