Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Sold my soul - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sold my soul

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. I've played (briefly) in two country bands, and there are some parts in country music that can be downright jazzy. Some of the tunes in my last band's setlist gave me fits.

I'll agree, though, that most of the new stuff out today just ain't that hard to play, and is close to classic rock.

Have fun with it, man!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, good luck and have fun. Send us some clips so we have proof.

Seriously, have a good time, that's what it's all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey country is cool...............isnt it ?????
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be TOO bad Spud. Travis Tritt and Lonestar have a few rockin' numbers. I recall hearing some slide in a Lonestar tune or two.

My concern, is what you're gonna have to wear on stage. Your outfit could be really emasculating.....and well, golly gee Spud........hmmmmmmm...hey, maybe Shiner can loan you some cowboy shirts and western type garb, maybe a cowboy hat too. It's bad enough to have to wear that kind of clothing.....it's even worse to have to PAY $$$'s for it. With all the Texans we have on the Fret, you might come up with a few nice ensembles. lol

I'd like to help you out there Spud.......but.....no self-respecting Yankee would be caught dead in that stuff. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I think I can just wear this and a hat.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

I thought you were playing in a country band....not The Village People.

Seriously, I think it's great that you're going out and playin'g live Spud. Furthermore, kudos for going out of your element musically too. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    It won't be TOO bad Spud. Travis Tritt and Lonestar have a few rockin' numbers. I recall hearing some slide in a Lonestar tune or two.

My concern, is what you're gonna have to wear on stage. Your outfit could be really emasculating.....and well, golly gee Spud........hmmmmmmm...hey, maybe Shiner can loan you some cowboy shirts and western type garb, maybe a cowboy hat too. It's bad enough to have to wear that kind of clothing.....it's even worse to have to PAY $$$'s for it. With all the Texans we have on the Fret, you might come up with a few nice ensembles. lol

I'd like to help you out there Spud.......but.....no self-respecting Yankee would be caught dead in that stuff. lol

[sigh...]

:

we do not, contrary to popular belief, all dress like bud and sissy in urban cowboy.

[edit: although shiner may be able to lay his hands on some of the old porter wagoner collection, you'd have to ask ]

i do not own a belt, much less a buckle.

neither of us own a single wranglers snap dress shirt.

i own a pair of lucchese's, b/c they are comfortable as crud, not b/c it's part of fashion.

Spud, good luck.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention-
    if the crowd looks restless, always remember one word:

rawhide.

:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    [sigh...]

:

we do not, contrary to popular belief, all dress like bud and sissy in urban cowboy.

[edit: although shiner may be able to lay his hands on some of the old porter wagoner collection, you'd have to ask ]

i do not own a belt, much less a buckle.

i own a pair of lucchese's, b/c they are comfortable as crud, not b/c it's part of fashion.

Spud, good luck.

: Y'all don't dress like Urban Cowboy?? How about ROADHOUSE (that Patrick Swayze movie)?? Ooh, do y'all dress like the Ewings in DALLAS (the hit TV show)??

Well, I don't think they ever did a TV show or a movie with some nekid guy riding around on a tractor.

Hey, how soon until the IGGLES knock the stuffing out of your COWBOYS and unceremoniously dump them in the Brazos River?? Game on!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like that banjo on the bicycle idea. Hmmmm.....naw.
    Unless you look like this on a bike:

Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, I shouldn't have checked this before bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember Spud the potato goes in the front,heck now that I think about it with a name like Spud you can get away with it.I can see it now when the band takes a break and some cowgirl comes up to you and says,what's your name and you answer Spud,she'll say you sure are. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the night and what the set list is I suppose potatoes could go in the front...and back.

I'll bet we'd get more gigs if I added potatoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the night and what the set list is I suppose potatoes could go in the front...and back.

I'll bet we'd get more gigs if I added potatoes.
    Nothing more country than potatoes.. but really, its pretty cool to play with other people, country or not.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I went out tonight to hear the band in action. Wow! The guitar player is really hot. He toured with the Bellamy Brothers and lived many years in Nashville and it shows. He's got licks up the wazoo.

The female singer...to say it nicely... Adolescent Idol (except she's 40). Good at backups but not a lead singer.

It's going to be tough to keep my mouth shut during gigs, but I'm professional right? Please tell me I am so that I wont get myself into trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

OK......keep your yap shut and just do what you're PAID to do. Now, once you've earned some cred with the band members, then maybe you can voice an opinion on stuff that you're ASKED about.

I don't know the circumstance of how you came to join the band......but unless they sought you out specifically, I'd keep quiet.

At least the guitarist is really good......or you'd really be chomping at the bit.

If you ever need a new/better female singer........there's that gal down in Waco that can carry a tune or three.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, do you have any pics of the singer?

Anyways, what really matters is the playing aspect of it, I'm going to volunteer next week for the local parish's quoir, and I'm atheist, I just need some stuff to practice on double bass (I'd use it in my ska band, but you can't do a tapping solo in this thing), and the priest is really just glad I'm helping, we frequently talk about philosphy and he's really a great guy, so am I necessarily selling my soul? You're doing this professionally, so I really don't think you are selling out or anything, I mean, let's face it, any money is good money, you gotta keep you're mouth full, and if you really enjoy it, all the better eh? Just keep talking to them, and see if you can write a few tunes with a bit of you're playing in it, who knows, you guys may even sound better!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    [sigh...]

Yeah, but you know what those things are. I don't .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yeah, but you know what those things are. I don't .
    you made me laugh. [touche']
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast