Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Tele Refinishing Project

Thread: Tele Refinishing Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tele Refinishing Project

Hi all,

A while back I bought a second-hand BSB Squier Affinity Telecaster. I don't like the colour and got it with the intention of refinishing it, the current finish has some battle scars. I've ordered a Pearloid pickguard and will be off to get some paint next weekend.

It will end up like this:

What do we all think?
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

What color could it possibly be that you do not like so much that you want to paint it pink? LOL.

Seriously.....what does BSB stand for? What kind of wood is the body construction?
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

BSB = Butterscotch Blonde. I'm really not a fan. I like the idea of painting it pink cause it does look nice, but not many other people would do it. lol

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Post Thanks / Like

i prefere vintage/butterscotch blonde, but the pink certainly is a statement.

are you a hello kitty fan kiwi?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heh, butterscotch is one of my favorite colors. If I ever wanted a Tele, it'd have to be white or butterscotch.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

real men wear pink
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

/\ I'm with you big K
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on, Big K.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    i prefere vintage/butterscotch blonde, but the pink certainly is a statement.

are you a hello kitty fan kiwi?
    No I'm not and my name is Ben.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That reminds me - no offense meant 'K'...but anyhow...

Years back we recruited this Irish bass player in our band. We met in a local bar and had beers and talked over what we wanted to do and it seemed like he'd fit in well. Then our guitarist said 'Hey, I know, let's go to 'K' club' (there was a new club simply called 'K' in the neighborhood....but not being a native speaker he pronounced it kinda laxily...

So the bassist suddenly started braking, saying like actually I dunno if this band is right for me after all...but we soon realized he'd just heard it 'gay' club, what else...but it was soon corrected and he stuck with the band for four years then.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    That reminds me - no offense meant 'K'...but anyhow...

Years back we recruited this Irish bass player in our band. We met in a local bar and had beers and talked over what we wanted to do and it seemed like he'd fit in well. Then our guitarist said 'Hey, I know, let's go to 'K' club' (there was a new club simply called 'K' in the neighborhood....but not being a native speaker he pronounced it kinda laxily...

So the bassist suddenly started braking, saying like actually I dunno if this band is right for me after all...but we soon realized he'd just heard it 'gay' club, what else...but it was soon corrected and he stuck with the band for four years then.
    Did the fact you looked like a Judas Priest tribute band not give it away

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure about a pink Tele, I mean a pink Strat maybe but c`mon a teles a proper mans guitar .

Oh yeah refinishing it may cost you more than you paid for it as well Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    I`m not sure about a pink Tele, I mean a pink Strat maybe but c`mon a teles a proper mans guitar .

Oh yeah refinishing it may cost you more than you paid for it as well Ben
    And as K stated, real men wear pink. :P

It won't cost me that much to refinish it, I have everything I need except the pink paint. I'm also going to refinish and refret the neck. The first thing I did when I bought it was replace the pickups with Toneriders. They cost as much as the guitar did, but I'll end up with a very nice guitar, so it's all cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I had a pink guitar recently:

However, it came that way from the factory. I later bought a 12-string version of the same guitar but in white, and at that point it just seemed a bit excessive to have both. I sold the pink one to a girl's parents who gave it to their daughter for her 12th birthday, haha. She was really happy, good karma letting it go.

As for BSB, I'm a huge fan.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    I had a pink guitar recently:

However, it came that way from the factory. I later bought a 12-string version of the same guitar but in white, and at that point it just seemed a bit excessive to have both. I sold the pink one to a girl's parents who gave it to their daughter for her 12th birthday, haha. She was really happy, good karma letting it go.

As for BSB, I'm a huge fan.

Cheers!
    Those are both really nice guitars, Brian. The finish on my Tele was far too yellow, your one looks a great colour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Heh, butterscotch is one of my favorite colors. If I ever wanted a Tele, it'd have to be white or butterscotch.
    Me too. I still remember when I was a little kid back in the 70s and I had a big poster of Keith Richards playing a butterscotch tele with a black pickguard. I thought it was just the coolest guitar. Well, that and Jimmy Page's sunburst Les Paul.

All these years later, and I still don't have a butterscotch Tele, but I do have a white Affinity, and just tonight I put a black pickguard on it and it looks pretty good.

My favorite Teles are butterscotch, white and sunburst. I also like the black Deluxe Tele with black pickguard.