I've heard recently that this is such an issue Fender and G&L have shortened the length of their warranties on birdseye maple necks (indeed, G&L's site now states a 90 day warranty. On a neck?!!?).

I have had an ASAT Special with a birdseye maple neck & fretboard since 2003. In New England. In New England through 6 winters, summers, etc. The neck is one of the "bi-cut" necks G&L used to do (they would cut the neck down the middle, insert the truss rod, then glue it back together. To increase neck strength. I believe stopping the practice was a cost-cutting measure, I can't be sure). In fact, in 6 years the guitar has needed one set up. The action barely crept up over a very long span of time.

I've also read stabilty isn't an issue if the neck wood has been properly aged and dried. Which I would imagine G&L would do.

Or is this a 10 year/20 year down the road problem, and the necks just start warping/twisting/whatever? I'd hate to lose my #1 guitar> I'd hoped we be together for another few decades.

So what's the real deal? Anyone have any solid information? Personal anecdotes? I'd love to know for sure.