Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
new stompbox on the way!

Thread: new stompbox on the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Default new stompbox on the way!

was recommended to me a while back, and ive been wayching a few demos today since i had the cash in my bank to buy a new toy. I watched Robert's demo and a few others and together they sold me.

it was a dilemma. Danelectro Trans. OD or Cool Cat Drive? In the end i decided that the transparent OD didnt have as much fur as the drive, and i like alot of fur in my classic rock tone, so i just ordered the Cool Cat Drive. came to a total of £28.79 including delivery. Thats less than i spent on my newest jeans. For under Thirty bones you cant go wrong im sure. and True bypass and a metal casing? these things seriously rock. Eagerly awaiting its arrival (est. delivery between Sept. 2nd and Sept. 4th)

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Ibanezjunkie :

I've had one for about a month and thinks it's a great little pedal to have in your lineup.

Enjoy the new fuzz!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I was a little unsure when I got mine but the more I use it the more I like it. I'm sure you'll end up loving yours aw well. Good choice.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, it should be interesting which one of us gets the pedal first, as I just received confirmation my transparent has shipped :-)

I've liked my Jackhammer just fine but I suspect there is something wrong with the pedal, it's just too friggin' noisy even at 1/4 gain. The danelectro seems really transparent indeed in comparison.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

pes_laul Guest

Wow robert looks pretty gangster in that video

But man that thing sounds good :

Post Thanks / Like

i dig robert's hat.

gangstaa.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

At that price...you should have bought both....
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It seems there must be a Monty Python-esque short somewhere on Swedish gangsters. Sounds like a great pedal and value guys! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    At that price...you should have bought both....

i intend to continue purchasing cool cat pedals actually, if i like the overall specs of the drive, the metal or metal II will come next, then maybe the trans OD or Fuzz.

Post Thanks / Like

arrived this morning. so far i love it. ive taken the MD-2 out of the loop, its now official on backup duty. one thing i will say, but its the same with alot of pedals (*atleast at first*) you really do need to give the switch a firm press to turn the effect on.