I post on a lot of forums. Some, like this one, with some frequency, others much less so.

Ultimate-Guitar is a weird one. I like kids, have a couple of my own. But the average age of the posters at U-G is like 12 or 13. They're really odd about banninations and such there. The only place I've ever even been warned is the gear page, mainly because I argued with someone about their snooty tastes in guitars (the gear page is sorta the converse of U-G, I'd swear the average age there is 60, and the average value of the posters' guitars is $3K-$4k apiece).

But I digress. At U-G, an Original Poster's requests as to the scope of a thread apparently raise to the level of bannination rules equal to Terms of Service and forum rules. For instance, there's a "post pics of yourself" thread where you can only post 2 pics per week, and cannot post unless you post a pic. Of course, such a rule reduces the thread to a bunch of pics with no real interaction between anyone posting, because you're limited to 2 posts/2 pics per week. So you can't comment on other people's posts without blowing one of your two weekly posts, and they can only respond once, because then they're done for the week too. :

So I recently got a "warning" for posting responses to pics without posting a pic myself. I'm on probation for 30 days, and if I get another warning, I'm "banned!"

Since they wanted a pic of me, I gave them one. So far as I can tell it breaks no rules:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...1#post21370726

So who'll give odds on how long before the bannination?